How is your Area Acorn Crop?

Live same as you but next state west. Northeast Alabama . north of I 20 by 15 miles. Sparce acorn , some white, little more reds. Not many water oaks in the mountains. this picture was at One of my feeders yesterday.Hunter who took it was looking for a good buck.

Attachments

• 20221114_154226.jpg
    20221114_154226.jpg
    953.2 KB · Views: 11
In NE Alabama acorn crop is very sparse (like TN above). Plenty of small red oak acorns, willow and saw tooth acorns. Almost no white oaks, and those there are have some kid of brown mold or something in them. Deer are eating the less desirable red oak acorns. Slow to hit the corn feeders (I feed them year round).

In NE Alabama acorn crop is very sparse (like TN above). Plenty of small red oak acorns, willow and saw tooth acorns. Almost no white oaks, and those there are have some kid of brown mold or something in them. Deer are eating the less desirable red oak acorns. Slow to hit the corn feeders (I feed them year round).
Yeah, I'm in Jacksonville area, near boundary of old Ft. McClellan. House is only three hundred yards from North boundary. Its now Long leaf pine Wildlife refuge, Choccolocco wildlife management area is just east of me. . And it's been a little strange, feeder behind my house that has been consistent producer is slack this year. But one on the ridge to the east where the picture was taken is loaded with deer. They are about 800 yards apart. The white oak the feeder is on is the only white on that whole ridge line. It put out some but they were gone in two weeks. Rut is about10 days from now. Should be seeing those does kicking out the fawns soon. That's my best clue. Little lost does and button bucks wandering the woods.

How is the Acorn Crop in your area? We live in Middel East GA. Some years are good some are real bad. This year is exceptional for Acorns. We had rain every couple of days all spring and summer. The Deer like the White Oak the best then the Red oak. We are having a bumper crop of White , Red, and Sawtooth Oak Acorns this year. Can't walk in my yar or woods without slipping on acorns. Good feed for the Deer and Turkeys. Bad thing is that the hogs are here, and they don't miss an acorn on the ground and they love Acorns also.
There ae so many Acorns falling from the trees recently it is like raining only with a lot more noise when the Acorn hits something.
Same here in south Ms And the swine are like walking vacuums.