Hornady marketing

I for one would like to see Bryan Litz do an analysis of this and publish the results.
He works for Berger. It would be like Ford telling you what they thought about Chevy.

Hornady bullets are not expensive and readily available, so it's pretty easy for an average guy to do their own analysis by shooting them. Not as easy as complaining about the "evil marketing" on a free forum I suppose.

Hornady ELDM bullets generally shoot pretty well for me. But so do the Berger hybrids. I would take either bullet until the end of time if I had to, and not worry too much either way honestly.

Edit to say I'm pretty sure Berger's are more consistent bullets though, but the ELDM's shoot well enough to kill stuff out to a pretty long ways.

Last edited:
Hornady's sole objective is to make their mediocre products sell by calling them 'precision, 'match' and coming up with BS testing with their plastic bullet tips. I have recovered that many Nosler plastic tips from game that PROVES they do not melt mid flight like Hornady eluded to…
I take everything Hornady says with a VERY LARGE grain of salt.

Cheers.

Last edited:
New design?

1715915697382.png

He works for Berger. It would be like Ford telling you what they thought about Chevy.

Hornady bullets are not expensive and readily available, so it's pretty easy for an average guy to do their own analysis by shooting them. Not as easy as complaining about the "evil marketing" on a free forum I suppose.
I understand that. However the physics should apply to any bullet regardless of brand.

Hornady marketing has figured out if they put the highest BC number on the box a good portion if not majority of folks are enthralled with that and rationalize or dont care about everything else. Pretty smart if ask me

For a long time people were enthralled with muzzle velocity or muzzle energy and didn't really care about anything else but Berger and some of the early TV show started the change and Hornady ran with it

Lou

I for one would like to see Bryan Litz do an analysis of this and publish the results.
He historically has with Hornady. Via AB.

We have custom drag curves for it too in the AB library.

Most of the data, like BC per mach, SD, etc; has been pretty on point regarding accuracy. As reported by Hornady.

I get marketing is cringe, but, seems like a lot of shade for no reason. Wrong or right regarding their science, would you rather a company stop making strides to make a better product? Seems like a silly notion to ask "gun enthusiasts."

Recent Posts