Hornady 6.5 max die splitting

GregH118

I am reloading for 6.5 sherman max using brass I bought from Rich which I believe is ADG with Hornady FL die I have split 2 dies need help trying to determine what is wrong if I am doing something wrong talked to Hornady rep he said he pulled some dies from inventory and check dimensions said everything checked out he is sending me a new die again.

81B6CA0C-7FD9-4D69-B46D-AF0C8D89BD6C.jpeg
Split dies?
Once fired brass

Camming over slightly lube is lanolin and isopropyl alcohol on this die first die that split was using one shot
One Shot is good stuff. Why are you camming over? Is it necessary for the resized brass to chamber?

Camming over may be your problem. If you have to do that to chamber the brass the headspace is tight. Two shade tree mechanic solutions are to grind the bottom of the die down or grind your shell holder.

I've had to do that on a .280AI and 6.5-284 FL dies. The end result worked out perfectly.

Never seen that and I've been reloading for 50 years or so. Let's hope the new die holds up.
I've been reloading for 42 years and I saw it for the first time back in October. I waited several months for a 28 Nosler Forster FL sizer i backordered thru Brownells. No cam over I was bringing down a little at a time measuring for .002 shoulder bump. It split right up the side and I only sized 20 cases. Could have been cracked when I got it, it's almost invisible. I sent it back and switched back to my Redding bushing die set.

Ah. Camming over is not necessary. The easy way to set up your die is to run it down until it touches the shell holder then back it out 1/2 to 3/4's turn. Resize brass and try to chamber. If tight, turn die a slight amount, resize same brass and try to chamber. Keep doing that until it chambers with the slightest resistance or none at all.