homemade grip monopod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegas steve, May 31, 2012.

1. vegas steve

vegas steve Well-Known Member

hey guys i just dreamed this up and went to the hardware store to grab some parts for a monopod that works off the bottom of the grip cap on my choate tactical stock. works awesome and dirt cheap to build.

Attached Files:

2. bigry26

bigry26 Well-Known Member

tell us more Ryan

3. Hunter2678

Hunter2678 Well-Known Member

I dont know about the rest of you slackers, but I may give Scotty Luzak a jingle now that I have his phone number....:cool:

4. coues7

coues7 Well-Known Member

Pretty cool. Tell us more.

5. vegas steve

i removed the grip cap from the choate stock, drilled a hole thru the center of the grip cap,mounted a flanged tube nut in the cap,took a 3"carraige bolt and cut the head off it for a piece of all thread,purchased one of those plastic nylon ball handles and reshaped it on a drill press with a good file to make the foot, and added a three fingered flat nylon knob as a lock ring to lock in the pod after it is adjusted to the correct height. it will adjust out to 3.5 inches and should cover just about any scenario. total cost at zettler,5.80

6. vegas steve

i also wanted to let you guys know that these choate tactical stocks are awesome stocks for the money. i've owned alot of high end stocks over the years and this 211.00 choate hangs right with them as far as comfort and rigidity goes. great stock for a gun that you don't want to pamper as they are tough as nails.i haven't even bedded this stock yet and get shot groups in the .160's with this rig.

7. vegas steve

who's ryan?

8. barnesuser28

barnesuser28 Well-Known Member

he is lightbulb

9. vegas steve

ahh