Home made turret band

khmplus

My turret band created using Microsoft Visio and water resistant sticker paper. Ballistics match Federal 270WSM Trophy Copper.
2E206933-7C3E-47A1-A6B0-06878117032A.jpeg

How did you come up with the yardage marks? Shooting at yardage or a ballistic app.
From the Ballistics Calculator on the Federal Premium Ammunition website. I had a friend verify on his ballistic app also. It's adjusted for 45 degrees F, 2000 feet elevation, and 20 fps less than published data for muzzle velocity based on a 23" vs 24" barrel. I'm comfortable with its accuracy out to 500 yards but will definitely verify by shooting when I get the chance. It's real easy to adjust the marks and print a new one if needed.

That looks real good! 👍🏼

What do I type in on Amazon to find that kind of printer paper? (Definitely want something sturdy on my turret if my grubby fingers are going to be on this all the time.)

Matthias

I used Avery waterproof film shipping labels, product number 15516. I also ordered some AIVA printable vinyl sticker paper for laser printers from Amazon to try out also. My turret is slightly tapered so the vinyl may be more flexible to conform to the shape.

Nice job. I used CAD to create some turret labels that I taped to turrets. I've moved away from them to cover more variabilities in the field, such as extreme elevation changes. BDC's also help but I would opt for a taped turret over a BDC reticle.

Nice looking setup. Should be easy to see in low light conditions. There's a number of good videos on Youtube showing how to make custom turret labels. Labels are definitely cheaper than a dedicated custom turret and allow you to change them if you use different loads for different situations/game types.

I've been making my own for a long time, however I make the marks and numbers by hand. I use white electrical tape, make marks and numbers with ultra fine marker and then place clear tape over to keep from smearing or wiping off...not so pretty but has been working for me.
As they say..
"NECESSITY is the Mother of Invention "...or more so in my case...just a MOTHER @#$/%&!

Here's a website where you can design a custom turret label for free. Ends up as a PDF that you can print.

I've made a couple using a label printer (thermal). Good durability, and convenient peal and stick. One could even make a few with different loads/conditions to carry along, and apply them in the field if things change.