Home-Made PM2 BDC result

Ready or not, here it comes.

Keep in mind this spreadsheet is being sent proportioned for the turrets of a leupold VXIII tactical. You may have a little tweaking to do to make it fit your turret circumfrence.

You've got mail. You too robert.

I'm glad you liked the bear story.

Let me know if you have questions on the spreadsheet.

Here are some pictures of the turret wrap that I emailed to almost everybody here at LRH.
Thanks for the pics Mr Wolfe. Glad to hear they are working well for you. Sometimes you get just a little more than you pay for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

.223turretwithwrap.jpg

22-250turretwithwrap.JPG

The double digit numbers in the lower picture are simply missing a zero at the end.

I would reccomend either trimming the top and the bottom of the wrap to help expose the MOA numbers or lose the top row all together and use the correct MOA for the longer, more crucial, drops.

Enjoy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4ked Horn and/or Brown Dog,

Can you please send me a copy of your spreadsheet? Do you have directions posted with how to use it as well? I would greatly appreciate it. My e-mail is [email protected]

Thank you so much!!!

This might be a dumb question but bear with me, I'm fairly new to this. Looking at the picture that is attached to this post, there are five lines (clicks) under the given yardage (let's say 100 yards). When you want to be dead on at 100 yards, which line do you use to go off of? Do you use the line furthest to the right (or the very first line) in the 100 yard position? I hope you know what I am asking, but it seems like if you want to be dead on at 100 yards, you have 4 or 5 positions to choose from, if you are looking at the clicks on the scope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Maybe you don't even use those lines? Any clerification would be much appreciated.

Curtis

Not a dumb question. I scaled this for my Leupold VXIII scope. It has 15 moa per rotation knob. The spread sheet cut-out I made was carefully taped to the knob so the mark at the begining of the box was the mark that coincided with the range listed in the box (in typical shooting conditions i.e. altitude, temp, pressure, yadda yadda yadda...) If the spread sheet is not scaled to fit your knobs it will dissapoint you. The scaling is easy from the point I email it at and entering the correct yardages is easy as well if you know how to use ANY reliable ballistic program. You may then estimate the value of the other clicks. Example: If your first box (cell) is set at a 100 yard zero and your second cell is set for 170 yards and the unfortunate target is at 150 yards then throw on 2 more clicks for good measure.

Your question is also why I suggested the option of only using the wrap for the first two rotations and then go to your stock chart and enter the proper MOA right to the mark.

This wrap is simply a way to help make non-critical target aquisition and engagement ( whackin' a field of ground squirrels into the spirit world) easy and fun. I would reccomend straight known MOA for any shots that matter. That classification is up to you.

This needed a bump, and I couldn\'t see photos

I just got to this post. This looks mighty durned handy for most situations until you hit more critical distances.

I can't see images until later when 4ked horn's shows up.

I'd love to get a gander at instructions and spreadsheet if possible. I'm at [email protected]

Many thanks

Re: This needed a bump, and I couldn\'t see photos

Enjoy. Don't forget to ask if you have questions.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.