high end binoculars

TheFishBox

Just curious what binoculars you guys are using or if you have looked thru any of the upper end binoculars? I have an original pair of the geovids and was looking to upgrade.I know a lot of guys run vortex but I am not a fan of them so please refrain from telling me to look at them. I am really only looking at the big three unless someone really points me in the other direction. Wanting a 10x42 but open to suggestions.

Just curious what binoculars you guys are using or if you have looked thru any of the upper end binoculars? I have an original pair of the geovids and was looking to upgrade.I know a lot of guys run vortex but I am not a fan of them so please refrain from telling me to look at them. I am really only looking at the big three unless someone really points me in the other direction. Wanting a 10x42 but open to suggestions.

If you had all of them mounted on tripods at the same time, all pointed at the same
things, chances are you'd be happier with what you have. You might even be more
impressed with some of the (lesser) quality ones.

I have the Swarovski EL Range 10 X 42. First pair of Swaro I have owned. Traded in a pair of Zeiss RF 8 X 45 for them, and definitely like the Swaro better.

I just got a pair of 12x50 EL and for more that 2x the price of the Meopta they is barely a difference. You really have to spend hours to tell and in some respects the Meoptas are better, like color. If going with 10x I would still get the 50mm not the 42 there is a HUGE difference in low light performance, regardless of the brand.

For glass quality, the latest generation Swarovski 10x42 EL with Swarovision is amazing.

I had kind of lost track of just how much additional progress had been made in high end binos by Swarovski in recent years.

Earlier this year when I removed my own new EL's from the shipping box and looked out my window at a tree I remember almost gasping out loud.

I know that sounds like hype but that was my true reaction.

This newest model's optical design is about 2 years old. Compared to my 15 year old Swarovski EL's there is a large difference even though the older ones are still quite good.

Brightness, edge to edge sharpness, depth of focus, contrast, resistance to glare, color fidelity (according to trusted hunting guide friends with better color vision than my own)

The more my own technical knowledge of optical quality improves, the easier it is to see the differences from one brand to the next or from one brand's model to the next within that same brand.

I have tried to get my hands on a pair of the zeiss ht binos but no one has them as an in store item around me. does anyone have experience with these? my geovids are 8 years old so I figure there must be some sort of advancement in glass and these are supposed to be the brightest ever made according to them.:rolleyes:

I just upgraded to swaros last year. I was mainly comparing 15x and looked through all the top brands. Swaros win out. I compared older swaro 15s To the new swaros and their was a noticeable improvement, not huge but the new swaro visions were the top. I looked through a lot of 10x too and felt swaros were the best. They won't be a major upgrade From your liecas but you will see a difference. Depending on how you use your binos wether it's a justifiable difference with the price. I spend hours behind mine and it is definitely worth the price for top end binos.

When I bought my EL's, I spent quite a bit of time at Cabela's waiting until it got dark so I could compare under low light conditions. Leica's and Swaro's seemed to have identical glass. The sales rep said comfort and feel are usually second on most peoples list of what's important. The Swaro's felt a lot better in my hands. About three years ago I scratched a lens. Sent them into Swarovski and asked if I could upgrade to HD. They did it for an extra cost. If you can't live without the newest glass, might be worth checking to see if you can upgrade your older EL's. Imagine it'd be a lot cheaper than buying a new binos.

I have swarovski 10X42 SLC, 15X56 SLC,& 12X50 EL all great glass used mostly when deer hunting and really pay off at the end of the day in very low light conditions. I know you did'nt want to hear about Vortex but the Kaibob's are very good for the $$.:rolleyes:

I just picked up the new geovids yesterday while I was looking at them the nice lady told me to look at the cabelas brand. She said they were the same size much much cheaper and had much better quality and glass. Sounds like they could be the best on the market you should get them. Lol I just smiled at her and said I'd take the liacas.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.