High End Binoculars

wfpack14

Hey guys

I am looking at getting some new binoculars, I kind of have my choices narrowed my choices down to Leica, swarovski, and ziess. I want a 10 x 42's and the biggest factor in my choice is low light visibility and image quality. Are there any big differences between these brands are their any others that I should be looking at? Thanks

All of the brands you mentioned are excellent. Clarity and light should all be very close, although I would give Swarovski a slight edge. The big difference on these is the warranty. Swaro blows the other guys out of the water when it comes to warranty work. I have scratched my 15's twice (my fault both times) and Swarovski fixed them for free both times and even paid for next day shipping to get them to me. They even offered to send me a loaner pair when a part was on order. Best service in the business by a long ways :cool:

All of the brands you mentioned are excellent. Clarity and light should all be very close, although I would give Swarovski a slight edge. The big difference on these is the warranty. Swaro blows the other guys out of the water when it comes to warranty work. I have scratched my 15's twice (my fault both times) and Swarovski fixed them for free both times and even paid for next day shipping to get them to me. They even offered to send me a loaner pair when a part was on order. Best service in the business by a long ways :cool:

That was my next question, I have heard that about them, I was told I could throw mine off a cliff and as long as I could send them a part and proof of purchase they would send me a new set. How is the warranty on the other brands. Thanks

i have the geovids and i love them. they are very clear. i hunt with guys who have the swaros and they are great also. i personally dont like zeiss optics that just my opinion. go with leica or swaro you will be happy you spent the extra....

I have had the swarovskis and like the leicas better. I also went with the geovids. I never had to use the warranty from either company.

If you are willing to shell out for the Swaros, then seriously consider the Vortex Razor 10x42. It's not European optics, but the glass, coatings, and manufacturing detail are very top notch, the performance of the binos is stunning and I'm willing to bet indistinguishable from the high end Euro stuff if you ran a blind bino test.

Vortex has a superb VIP warranty and will take care of you just as good as Swaro.

Vortex Optics - Vortex Razor 10x42 Binocular

The styling is European, the ergonomiocs and controls are top notch. And you will save hundered upon hundreds of dollars to boot.

Scott

Hi Scott,
Welcome as a sponsor here and I would like to look threw a pair
to compare them to my Swaros but those are some pretty strong
words saying they can compare to Swaros.
Maybe they can and I am not putting down your product but I have my doubts.
I am a man of little means but when it come to optics I have saved my ***
off to buy the best.
I own 10X42's, 15X56's and a 20-60X65 scope. (Not Cheap)

wfpack14,
Take a closer look at the 10X50 Swaros.
I love my 42"s but if I were to do it again I would get 50's.
That little bit of extra light is worth it.
Mike

Scott, hope you do not take offense to my thoughts:rolleyes:

Oh yea,
Here is a thread from another site from a friend who found out just how good Swaros warranty is. http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9544&st=0

Last edited:
I have to ask WF.
What kind of range are you glassing at?
Out west we do a bunch of glassing at mile or so. (+;))
If you are going to glass at say 1000 yards than
you could save some money.
What are your needs?
Mike

I think Swaro and Kahles have some of the best glass going, and have for about the last three years.

However, are they over twice as good as the Vortex Razor? They cost over twice as much.

I say no way.

Such is subjective, but if I said the Razors were 95% as good optically as the Swavs, at less than half the price, what would you say?

I would say that is a superior VALUE.

That's what we are about.

The Swav warranty is great. but so is the Vortex VIP. I guarantee it.

I have Vortex service stories too. Few and far between, but all good.

The Swavs are excellent, but like all European imports, no longer a good value (thank the weak dollar for it).

wfpack14,

If you are serious, here is what I propose. Give more your shipping address and credit card info. I'll charge your card $20 and send you the 10x42 or 8x42 Razors. If you aren't happy and feel they are worth every penny, send them back, no harm, no foul (please take good care of them :+)

If you like them and want to keep them, I'll charge your card for the balance.

Three day inspection.

Sound fair?

Scott

Scott,
Would you like to make that offer to me?
I am not a guide but have several friends who are.
We can put your optics to the test and would give you/web site
a review.
Mike

OOoh:rolleyes: thats sounds like a good deal if ur willin scott id like to take that offer! I gotta talk2 my dad about that:rolleyes: seen as weve been lookin at gettin a pair of binocs 2 share:D

That depends. If you are trying to pick an antler out of the trees or bushes at 5 a.m. the swaros would then be worth twice as much and maybe a finger or 2. I have picked stuff up in low light with the swaros that I can never seem to find with my zeiss or leica's. I feel the leica's are super sharp but not as bright as the swaro's. I have looked through the razor's and there sharp but I don't believe they are 95% swaro's or leicas. Just my opinion but when I say swaros are bright I mean they hurt your eyes in the daylight.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.