Henson Aluminum Tipped Bullet Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the results are not in and that is the point. As to me getting the opportunity to try them, you do mean buy them don't you?

JWP,

The trajetory data is in and we know what the trajectories are for shooting the 265 grain bullets. Nothing changes that..... There is just too much data and different shooters with similar values.....

We know exactly what the BCs were of the Gen Is and we know that the Gen IIs are higher.

Like I said before, if Brian's hypothesis is correct and the horizontal BC comes out lower (say .900) it is still higher than anything else. But the drop data is still valid.

As far as Brian is concerned we are hoping that he has the abililty to do an honest evaluation being that he is a current Berger employee. FWIW, GM nor Ford nor any other business that I am aware of would send out samples to the other guy to evaluate.... Good thing Eddybo sent him some. I have not met a car dealer yet that thought the competition was as good as thier products..... But we shall see.

But then again, the 265s are not what the Berger bullets need to be concerned with.... Like I said before, the 280s and 300s are the marquee in the .338 line. I would be very suprised if Berger allowed him to do an honest assessment and publish it on the net.... That would not make for very good Berger advertisement...... I mean how would it look if Brians name appeared in an article or a posting on the internet endorsing a competitors product? Heck, once it is on the net, it would be hard to prevent dissemination.

So far, I am the only one who has any of the 280s and 300s and they are for pressure testing and load work up.

As far as you buying them, you are probably are better off with something else. It would probably be better for all concerned for you to stick with what you are using and not try to switch....

I know you and I would not get along and I also know you and RG will not get along.... He is the one that called me and told me to log onto the website..... You had him fuming with your "interesting" comments....

You are better off cutting your losses and sticking with the Sierras or whatever else you are using.

I think that the only way you would get any is for someone else to purchase them for you.

James

My email is:

[email protected]

I look forward to it.

Do you know what cartridge the customer with the 11x was using? Also, by saying it did not work, was it a stability problem or an accuracy problem?

Would you be willing to sell me 6 so I can see if I can get them to stabilize at higher velocities with the 11x. I would not be looking to test them for accuracy at that point, just stability. I would even be willing to pay you a bit extra for your trouble. This would still save you and me alot of wasted time and money. Then, if I get them to fly straight, I may be willing to buy some more for accuracy testing. If I can talk you into selling me 30 instead of 100 for accuracy testing, and if they dont work, I wont even trouble you for a refund since you have already stated you dont think the 11x will work. In effect, if they dont work, it is shame on me.

Is that a fair deal?

First off we are not dealing in cars here. Second in this industry much is buisness is done on ones word. Third for you to question Bryans integrity, because you are afraid that result will not coincide with your claims is OUT RIGHT asinine.
Bryan has posts all over the net giving his tested BC's for any bullet that he has tested no matter who the manufacturer was.
You are an arrogant *** and that is for sure and for certain. It's your results that are in fact in question not Brain's

Last edited:
My email is:

[email protected]

I look forward to it.

Do you know what cartridge the customer with the 11x was using? Also, by saying it did not work, was it a stability problem or an accuracy problem?

Would you be willing to sell me 6 so I can see if I can get them to stabilize at higher velocities with the 11x. I would not be looking to test them for accuracy at that point, just stability. I would even be willing to pay you a bit extra for your trouble. This would still save you and me alot of wasted time and money. Then, if I get them to fly straight, I may be willing to buy some more for accuracy testing. If I can talk you into selling me 30 instead of 100 for accuracy testing, and if they dont work, I wont even trouble you for a refund since you have already stated you dont think the 11x will work. In effect, if they dont work, it is shame on me.

Is that a fair deal?

ME,

Supposedly, it was a stabilization problem.... I was not there and can only believe the reasons as they were given. Since there is a full spectrum of experience here, sometimes is it hard to nail down who really is in tune with the sport and who are just more or less casual about their shooting.

The proposition sounds fair to me but I don't have the any say in the matter. Contact RG Henson at [email protected] and he will be the one who makes them and ships them.

I do know that he sent out many free samples for folks to test for stability in thier guns.... Of all the ones he sent out and there were probably 40 or so samples, he did not get any response pro or con whatsoever.

Most folks were upset they only got 20-25 free ones and they did not have to pay shipping..

James

Last edited by a moderator:
First off we are not dealing in cars here. Second in this industry much is buisness is done on ones word. Third for you to question Bryans integrity, because you are afraid that result will not coincide with your claims is OUT RIGHT asinine.
Bryan has posts all over the net giving his tested BC's for any bullet that he has tested no matter who the manufacturer was.
You are an arrogant *** and that is for sure and for certain. It's your results that are in fact in question not Brain's

JWP,

You are wasting your time on this thread. You appear to have a very limited level of knowledge about the subject matter coupled with the inability to digest the written word. If you had ever done any extensive T&E or quality control work, you would know what I mean. But like I have said several times today, you are wasting your time on this thread.

Nobody is questioning Brians character.... Why would I exchange PMs about the bullets with him if I did. Why would I suggest he order some bullets...

Geez guy you don't even comprehend what you are reading.

I am not afraid of the results.... This "afraid" angle you keep bringing up is a little childish wouldn't you say?

Why would I be afraid of them.... Why would we be on the internet if we were afraid of the results of testing that customers would perform each and every time they get a shipment.... We are in a win-win situation.

Afraid..... Not in your wildest dreams. BC or even apparent BCs at the level we and all the other shooters are seeing is a godsend. Believe me other companies would like to have a copper jacketed, lead core bullet that had the trajectory characteristics of the 265s. Not to mention the 280s and the 300s.

You need to get the dirt out of your eyes so you can comprehend what you are reading....

I said this:

"As far as Brian is concerned we are hoping that he has the abililty to do an honest evaluation being that he is a current Berger employee. FWIW, GM nor Ford nor any other business that I am aware of would send out samples to the other guy to evaluate.... Good thing Eddybo sent him some. I have not met a car dealer yet that thought the competition was as good as thier products..... But we shall see."

I expect that his employer has some boundaries set about evaluation of a competitors product and the subsequent reporting thereof. I seriously doubt they will allow him to publish an evaluation of any sort. When Brian logs onto the site and makes a post, he is acting as an ambassador for Berger bullets. He cannot be an ambassador for Berger and then turn around and publish results that would interfere with their business. There is not any way you can get around that..... He is a Berger employee and therefore has to be concerned with his company regulations. Again, you are not comprehending what you are reading.

It is apparent that you cannot understand the example of the car dealer.... Yes, I realize the this is not a car business. If you cannot understand this example, I am sorry and you will just have to accept it as well.

Please go find another thread to monitor since this one does not have anything to do with you. You are dragging down the collective intelligence level of the thread. Please just go away.

At this point, I will not respond to any other of your posts. I have attempted to answer your concerns and you continue to attempt to cast dispersions on the subject matter of the thread.

Since you are incapable of understanding/remembering what we are discussing and I don't have the time nor the inclination to repeat and review everything for you, I am forced to put you on the ignore list since you have no hope with this subject.

You are now on the ignore list.

If you get back to earth and become rational again, send me a PM or an email and we can discuss it. But for now, I have invested all the time that I have available in your education of this subject matter.

Good luck in your endeavors.

James

JWP,

As far as Brian is concerned we are hoping that he has the abililty to do an honest evaluation being that he is a current Berger employee. FWIW, GM nor Ford nor any other business that I am aware of would send out samples to the other guy to evaluate.... Good thing Eddybo sent him some. I have not met a car dealer yet that thought the competition was as good as thier products..... But we shall see.

But then again, the 265s are not what the Berger bullets need to be concerned with.... Like I said before, the 280s and 300s are the marquee in the .338 line. I would be very suprised if Berger allowed him to do an honest assessment and publish it on the net.... That would not make for very good Berger advertisement...... I mean how would it look if Brians name appeared in an article or a posting on the internet endorsing a competitors product? Heck, once it is on the net, it would be hard to prevent dissemination.

James

These are your words not mine

You are a classic bait and switch poster. Of course if you really thought that I was too dumb to be posting in this thread you would not fell the need post your long winded rambling replies now would you.

You double talk and get off subject more than a liberal politician

Re: JWP on ignore list

JWP,

At this point, I will not respond to any other of your posts. I have attempted to answer your concerns and you continue to attempt to cast dispersions on the subject matter of the thread.

Since you are incapable of understanding/remembering what we are discussing and I don't have the time nor the inclination to repeat and review everything for you, I am forced to put you on the ignore list since you have no hope with this subject.

You are now on the ignore list.

James

Thank you James, and good move. There aren't many that crow louder or longer than jwp.

I apologize if you mentioned this already but will the new 300gr stabilize in a 1 in 10 twist? I would assume that you are using the same rifle so I just wanted to make sure. I have some lehigh and gs custom bullets I will be testing when my rifle comes in and just placed an order with RG so it will be interesting to compare all the different designs. If these numbers hold up I'll have to find a longer shooting range :)

I apologize if you mentioned this already but will the new 300gr stabilize in a 1 in 10 twist? I would assume that you are using the same rifle so I just wanted to make sure. I have some lehigh and gs custom bullets I will be testing when my rifle comes in and just placed an order with RG so it will be interesting to compare all the different designs. If these numbers hold up I'll have to find a longer shooting range :)

Hello,

They are supposed to. We will know this week. The 280s work fine in the 10" twist.

James

Hello,

I made a grave error in a previous posting.

Unfortunately 180s will not work in 11" twists. RG tested them. I forgot we let RG shoot one day...

Sorry for the error.

James

Can you please remind me the suggested twists for the various 338 bullets. I recall that I was told that my 9.4" 338 LM Improved would handle the 265s, but not the 280s (the 300 didn't exist back when I asked the question).

I'm getting ready to buy some and want to make sure that my 338LM Improved will properly stabilize what I feed it.

thansk

JeffVN

Can you please remind me the suggested twists for the various 338 bullets. I recall that I was told that my 9.4" 338 LM Improved would handle the 265s, but not the 280s (the 300 didn't exist back when I asked the question).

I'm getting ready to buy some and want to make sure that my 338LM Improved will properly stabilize what I feed it.

thansk

JeffVN

Jeff,

We only have 10" twist barrels. They work great. I have not group tested the Gen II 300s yet, but I have no concerns that they will be fine with a 10" barrel. I worked on the pressure testing a little and they flew fine.

Definately the 265s and the 280 really shine in the 10" twist.

If you are going to get the 300s, hold off until I shoot them for complete load develpment.....

But if you are only using the 265s and the 280s you will be fine with your barrel.

Thanks for your interest.

Almost forgot, ensure you wipe the pixie dust off of them before you load your cases..... ;)

James

Status
Not open for further replies.