Henson Aluminum tipped bullets test

good grouper, that is alot nicer than the pm that he sent to me on the other forum, he operates by pm only like its a secret, not in the open like a forum is meant to be for all to read. I told him on my thread that with a pr person such as himself that henson bullets will be short lived. If you are interested, I still have about 80 of the 280 grain bullets that you could have to test with if you wanted, he requested them back for a refund, but after the teenage pm that he sent, I stated that I would use them for sinkers before I sent them back. Ron Tilley

GG, I'm with you, I personally really want to see these bullets work well. If they don't, it seems that they are very close to there. Any info is good info, success or failure. I know that for me the only way I can seem to get good at something is to fail.

I still have high hopes. I think this type of design is the future for bullets to keep up w/ the ever increasing velocities.

I personally thank you for your efforts.

Steve

[/quote]
Roy, I am interested in what you want to do, I have strong feelings about the way that they operate, I would like you to put this pm on the forum that I posted on, I like to keep it in a public forum instead of pm's. I will send some to you for free, as long as you post your results on the forum and add pics of your results. I am not trying to be abbrasive just up front unlike LV. If you agree and post it on the forum, I will send you some bullets for free, just give me your mail info in another pm and I will get them out. Hope you understand where I am coming from. Ron Tilley[/quote]

RockyMtnMT
I'm with you on this one. I have high hopes for these bullets.
There is a very real need for LR bullets that will hold up to both the rigors of extreme cartridges, fast twists, high velocities and decent terminal performance. That's kind of a tough cookie to break but it will be done.

I noticed the BS with Light varmint early on and have stayed out of these threads until now. I wondered how long it would take for people to notice the "secret tests" results are never posted and every gun that these bullets are shot from according to Light varmint they are the most accurate, must be the Pixie Dust.
Berger takes a lot of time before a new bullet is released, because they test them and continue to tweak the design until it is correct. IMHO if I am going to help a small bullet making business develop a bullet by shooting it early in its development, I want to be treated better than the politician Light Varmint treats prospective clients. Light Varmint reminds me of Bill Clinton, ask him a direct question and he talks all around it.

Roy, I am interested in what you want to do, I have strong feelings about the way that they operate, I would like you to put this pm on the forum that I posted on, I like to keep it in a public forum instead of pm's. I will send some to you for free, as long as you post your results on the forum and add pics of your results. I am not trying to be abbrasive just up front unlike LV. If you agree and post it on the forum, I will send you some bullets for free, just give me your mail info in another pm and I will get them out. Hope you understand where I am coming from. Ron Tilley[/quote]

RockyMtnMT
I'm with you on this one. I have high hopes for these bullets.
There is a very real need for LR bullets that will hold up to both the rigors of extreme cartridges, fast twists, high velocities and decent terminal performance. That's kind of a tough cookie to break but it will be done.[/QUOTE]

royinidaho, how many bullets do you need for your testing? I will send you some tomorrow if you tell me tonight. Other wise it will be next week before they will go out. I have a lr benchrest match that I will be leaving for friday and will be gone thru the weekend. Ron Tilley

A Postive Note

Here is the good part...

I have a friend who believes all the advertising he encounters. Fact is a lot of it sounds good. As hunters we love to hear about the latest and greatest stuff.

With that in mind I have bought a lot less crap because of forums like these. Whenever I come across a new product. Or maybe I'm looking for a specific product that may have been around a while, I come to forums like these and I read and read and read. I pretty good at telling who is "hawking" a product and who is giving real opinions. This is how I figure out what I want. It people like Goodgrouper that provide honest opinions. Fact is I would not buy Henson Bullets. Not just because of Goodgroupers test but because of LightVarmints reaction. GG's test identified problems, but LV did not come back looking for suggestions on how to improve the bullets. Instead he tried to discredit GG.
Do the bullets have potential? It doesn't matter. LV has no interest in finding it whether it is there or not.

Another poster said he thought that LV was henson. I would be inclined to bet on that. If he is not then where in henson? Why doesn't join in. If he is not henson then why be so concerned? Does he have sales rights or something? Either way if doesn't pass the smell test.

Too bad, perhaps there was potential.

The good part, we still have forums like these and guys like GG to help us seperate the good from the no-so-good

Last edited:
Re: A Postive Note

On several boards I have read Lighvarmints claims to acuraccy and terminal performance of the bullets, but do not recall seeing even 1 picture.
Lightvarmints people skills and debating techniques needs work if he wants to sell to the public IMHO

Ron,

I'm such a poor load developer the number of bullets would be only a guess.

Say 6 to get a load and a zero Then 3 for the pig's shoulder. Ruffly that comes to a dozen.:rolleyes:

Ron,

I'm such a poor load developer the number of bullets would be only a guess.

Say 6 to get a load and a zero Then 3 for the pig's shoulder. Ruffly that comes to a dozen.:rolleyes:

Roy, I will send 20, they will leave here tomorrow to you. I hope your tests turn out great. Ron Tilley
p.s. please remember to share your results here.

Sorry if I missed it Ron, but what kind of bullets do you make?

Jon A,

Ron doesn't manufacture bullets. He purchased some Henson 338 Aluminum-tipped bullets and is donating some to Roy for expansion testing, as far as I understand their communications.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.