help with set up

the shotty

Ok, so I have been doing my own reloads for almost two years with ok results and would like to take it a bit farther. I have a .260 and a .300 wsm and would like to start using bergers but am concerned that my equipment isn't up to snuff. I use an rcbs trickler and beam scale for every round. I have an electric powder dispenser but the accuracy is off somehow. I use a rockchucker press and rcbs dies as well as a lee priming tool. I debur the mouth, flash hole and unify the primer pocket. I now have lapua brass, but when I used REM brass I would sometimes get copper shavings when I would seat the bullet. How do I fix this? Also I have a Wilson case trimmer, if I see their web site correct they sell the attachment for neck turning, do I need this? Do I need to get better dies or are the rcbs ok? Do I need a concentricity gauge? I will be doing mostly hunting and targets.

Start by reading the reloading articles on this site in article section. Then for a specific area try search box at upper right corner, this will take you to posts.To fine tune your reloading you need tools to measure the cartridges and chamber help, there are other ways listed in search. But a comparator and a method to measure bullet to lands length are vary handy , as is concentricity. Your dies may produce good ammo, check ammo first.

If you are shaving brass when seating bullets, try using a VLD style deburring tool with a shallower cutting angle. I use one with Berger and other boattail bullets, and have never had brass shavings when seating bullets. Here is a link. Chamfer Tool VLD (Very Low Drag)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.