Help with a build and/or customization on my Savage??

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by 95huskers, Oct 20, 2011.

1. 95huskers

95huskers Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I am thinking about my first custom build. I want to build myself a .260 Rem or a 6.5-284 for long range hunting. I currently have a Savage 110 Predator Long Range rifle in 6.5-284 Norma and love the caliber and have also been intrigued by .260 Rem. Whichever I choose to go with I want to shoot 140 or 130gr Berger bullets (I think). My limitation on using the Savage as a platform to build on is the stock options I have due to the detachable magazine. Are there any known stocks out there for this gun (don't want a wood stock)??

The two platforms I have to build off of right now are:

Savage 110 Long Range Predator 6.5-284 with dtach magazine
    -or-
    Remington VSSF 2 .22-250

I would like to keep my spending to a minimum starting out. Is there much I can do to customize one of these two or would I be better off starting from scratch? Thanks!

2. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

Refer to your other post!:D

Tank

3. 95huskers

95huskers Well-Known Member

Thanks!

4. bcgunsmith

bcgunsmith New Member

It is pretty limited on Savage synthetic stocks period, especially for detach mag. There are some available but for a price, if your willing to pay. Manners composite stocks will have what your looking for if you go the savage route. I have built 2 custom savage 110 (blind box mag) and even for them the budget stock choices were limited. But if your willing to spend the money you can get one. I would go with that REM 700 action in 22-250 way more options and if your looking for a budget build thats what I would do there is hundreds of stuff for REM 700 actions.