Help Please .......

Hey Guys ,
I called Redding this morning. The Man told me the problem is .. Some of the bullets being made like the v-max , and being a lower grain and shorter bullet that the number 23 seater in the Redding type A dies will not seat some to the "listed" oal. The bullet enters the seater and surrounds the ogive on bullet and seats. On these types of bullets the bullet enters the seater and goes in to far before it "grabs"because of them being slim you run out of stroke and adjustment .
He said he would Gladly send me a new seater thats different then the number 23. This seater is supposibly either not as deep or more slim.
dave

take your seating die undo it all the way.put a case in the pres pul the handle all the way down . turn your die down untill it touches the case. back the die one turn set the big nut.then work with the fine ajustment if this dont work give me a call 865-399-9876 my name is steve west

Hey Guys ,
I called Redding this morning. The Man told me the problem is .. Some of the bullets being made like the v-max , and being a lower grain and shorter bullet that the number 23 seater in the Redding type A dies will not seat some to the "listed" oal. The bullet enters the seater and surrounds the ogive on bullet and seats. On these types of bullets the bullet enters the seater and goes in to far before it "grabs"because of them being slim you run out of stroke and adjustment .
He said he would Gladly send me a new seater thats different then the number 23. This seater is supposibly either not as deep or more slim.
dave

P.S. THANKS FOR EVERYONES SUGGESTIONS!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.