Help please

GetReel

I was pulling some bullets today and some were very hard to pull. Almost like the bullet was seized to the case neck at boat tail junction.
Is this the fault of what they call a "doughnut" or carbon ring? Seems to be messing with my ES/SD.
How do I fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_9008.jpeg
    IMG_9008.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 73
Could be weld, I have had bullets weld to the case if they get moisture on them.
I could absolutely believe this as my reloading takes place in my garage and it only stays about 40-50 degrees in there in the winter.
I finally was able to finish the insulation in it to help regulate so maybe it will get better…
Is my brass ruined?

I could absolutely believe this as my reloading takes place in my garage and it only stays about 40-50 degrees in there in the winter.
I finally was able to finish the insulation in it to help regulate so maybe it will get better…
Is my brass ruined?
Maybe the temperature and humidity fluctuations in the garage are the culprit. That's why your bench should be in the formal living room or master bedroom. Any wife or SO who has an issue with this is not committed to the relationship.

Cold weld. It happens to ammo that's been loaded awhile. Competition shooters often load their ammo long and seat bullets the night before a match to avoid it. You can also avoid it by not cleaning out the carbon from the case neck or by using lubricants in the case neck like powdered graphite Or moly on the bullets. The last two years I've been using an anti-sieze lubricant developed for the nuclear power industry called Neolube #2. It's powdered graphite mixed with isopropanol. You paint it inside the neck with a foam swab I dip once and coat 10 cartridge necks. It dries almost instantly and spreads evenly. It's pretty cheap on Amazon and a bottle goes A long way.

Cold weld. It happens to ammo that's been loaded awhile. Competition shooters often load their ammo long and seat bullets the night before a match to avoid it. You can also avoid it by not cleaning out the carbon from the case neck or by using lubricants in the case neck like powdered graphite Or moly on the bullets. The last two years I've been using an anti-sieze lubricant developed for the nuclear power industry called Neolube #2. It's powdered graphite mixed with isopropanol. You paint it inside the neck with a foam swab I dip once and coat 10 cartridge necks. It dries almost instantly and spreads evenly. It's pretty cheap on Amazon and a bottle goes A long way.
This ammo was only loaded for like a month.
I have some imperial dry case lube I'll start dipping the case neck in.

Doughnuts usually don't start to show up until the case has been resized a few times. How many times have they been resized?
Often you can feel the doughnut just by inserting a bullet into a case that has been fired, before you resize the case.

Add: Can often feel it when seating the bullet too. Bullet will satrt seating smooth then have a little extra resistence when the bullet first hits the doughnut.

Doughnuts usually don't start to show up until the case has been resized a few times. How many times have they been resized?
Often you can feel the doughnut just by inserting a bullet into a case that has been fired, before you resize the case.

Add: Can often feel it when seating the bullet too. Bullet will satrt seating smooth then have a little extra resistence when the bullet first hits the doughnut.
I've had this brass for years and probably 2-3 firings on it.