Little help please!

buckhunter50

I reloaded for deer season 50 rounds of 300 win mag. Winchester cases 68.4 grains RL17 and 180 grain sst. The 8 rounds that sat in my truck/went hunting for 2 weeks won't chamber but everything in the basement is fine. I did check the reloads against other 300s i have and same story. I should add that the problem did not start until I Unpacked the truck for the season. Any idea what could be happening?

I don't know the answer to your question yet but I do know that for people to give you a good answer they will need a lot more info. Have you marked up a cartridge and tried to chamber it? Where was it hitting on the cartridge? Were the cartridges left on the dash in the sun? Could they have gotten squished somehow? When you say "same story" do you mean that some of your reloads from previous loadings would chamber and some did not? Perhaps the truck has nothing to do with it.

I don't know the answer to your question yet but I do know that for people to give you a good answer they will need a lot more info. Have you marked up a cartridge and tried to chamber it? Where was it hitting on the cartridge? Were the cartridges left on the dash in the sun? Could they have gotten squished somehow? When you say "same story" do you mean that some of your reloads from previous loadings would chamber and some did not? Perhaps the truck has nothing to do with it.
All the loads that did not leave the house have no issues in any of the 4 300s I own. All 8 rounds that left the house will not chamber in any of the guns. There was no problem chambering the rounds until I put things away. I will be painting a round with a sharpie to see where it's getting stuck.

Shells have a way of getting lost in a truck and not being found for years. Could these shells been hid in the truck from another time, And are actually shells for the rifle before the barrel was changed and rechambered.

Or are the shells for a 300 WM You or 1 of your hunting buddy's had in the vehicle from a previous hunt, Maybe a year before.

The only other problem I could think of, Did the shells lay in the sun and for some reason the heat moved a bullet or 2 forward enough, To stick in the throat of the barrel not allowing case to go fully into the chamber. Not all would move to the same length laying in the sun.

Last but not least could someone be pulling a joke on you. Set you up for a laugh.