help me choose a bipod, and dont say harris...

Sinclair all the way,i cant recommend it enough!Here is a pic of mine
012.jpg

now we are talking!

only issues with the last 2 is the portability of them, too bulky.
There is so many choices, hence why i asked the question.

So far i like the ATLAS and the rock creek sopmod bipod...
others contenders are maybe the CAA bipod and the new versapod...

Yeah it is on the bulky side, but it is light and it gives you confidence taking a shot,this is not a gun i carry around far so i just put it in my back pack and set it up when i am in a good position.

Ok, I'll say Parker Hale instead. It's an old design but it works well. I have them on several heavy rifles including a Pauza P50 (50 BMG) semi auto (28 lbs). I don't care for the front handguard spigot. Though it works it puts the rifle too high over the bipod's swivel ball. I bed or bolt a straight steel spigot into the forestock. The reverse spigot model fits the Accuracy International stocks. Have one of those too. It's small advantage is that the spigot removes when the bipod is removed. Either model removes with just a press on the release lever but I've never had one come off by accident. I like the PH over other bipods I've used because it doesn't restrict the fore, aft, tilt, or traverse movement of the rifle over several degrees of movement.

Parker Hale Bipods

The VersaPod is a rip-off of this design but not as well made or as strong. (maybe they've gotten better than the one I tried.) The Gibbs bipod was also a rip-off made in south America. Not as well machined though it's fairly strong. There are also some horribly machined Chinese ones which are simply junk. The ball is just a rough casting. The key to this design is having an accurately machined ball and fitted clamps. There is considerable difference in the smootness of the legs (all worse than the PH model). The PH is unnecessarily heavy for a rifle under 10 lbs (AR's, etc). The bipod without the spigot is 1-1/2 lbs, all steel.

Last edited:
you need to call lloyd desantis at rnd edge, he can make you what your looking for.

How do you mount the Atlas to a swivel stud? I do not see any adapter.
"why would you want to mount to a swivel stud" is a better question... change your rifle so it has a rail.

I ended up with a rock creek sopmod bipod with quick release picatinny mount. Im putting it up for sale as ive since found a better solution... PM me if anyone wants to buy the rock creek from me, its a great bipod for the money...
images

"why would you want to mount to a swivel stud" is a better question... change your rifle so it has a rail.

I ended up with a rock creek sopmod bipod with quick release picatinny mount. Im putting it up for sale as ive since found a better solution... PM me if anyone wants to buy the rock creek from me, its a great bipod for the money...
images

What's the better solution? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.