Help me choose a caliber

There is another cartridge in 338 you can rebarrel too. It is the 338sin. There are posts here about it. I have one on a m70 24" 338 win mag conversion.

It is basically an improved 330 dakota or a shortened improved 338 rum. You can make it either way.

Bottom line is a Cutting Edge 225 gr bullet with a bc of 640 at 3,100 fps from a 24" barrel. That is reloaded with rl19. A faster powder than you would expect because the case is sooooooo effecient.

Sinarms.com did the conversion for me. The bolt face will be opened slightly, but no big deal. I would get it with a 26" barrel, and a brake would be nice.

There is another cartridge in 338 you can rebarrel too. It is the 338sin. There are posts here about it. I have one on a m70 24" 338 win mag conversion.

It is basically an improved 330 dakota or a shortened improved 338 rum. You can make it either way.

Bottom line is a Cutting Edge 225 gr bullet with a bc of 640 at 3,100 fps from a 24" barrel. That is reloaded with rl19. A faster powder than you would expect because the case is sooooooo effecient.

Sinarms.com did the conversion for me. The bolt face will be opened slightly, but no big deal. I would get it with a 26" barrel, and a brake would be nice.
Hmmm, interesting...

I had just about decided on doing a .308 Norma mag, because there's a soft spot in my heart for dated, obsolete cartridges. I'll definitely have to look into the .338 Sin, though.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.