Help choosing 34mm rings

DartonJager

Need some suggestions on a set of 34mm rings for the DMRII-i I have coming. I now have access to a lapping kit with a 34mm lapping bar. Would like to keep the cost as close to $100 as I can, but more $$$ is OK if the rings justify doing so. Plan on bedding the scope rail now after watching a few how-to videos feel confident I can bed a scope rail.
If possible would like to buy rings known for leaving the least noticeable ring marks on the tube, if such rings exist.

Last edited:
Need some suggestions on a set of 34mm rings for the DMRII-i I have coming. I now have access to a lapping kit with a 34mm lapping bar. Would like to keep the cost as close to $100 as I can, but more $$$ is OK if the rings justify doing so. Plan on bedding the scope rail now after watching a few how-to videos feel confident I can bed a scope rail.
If possible would like to buy rings known for leaving the least noticeable ring marks on the tube, if such rings exist.
For $100, the Burris XTR Sig line is hard to beat. I have the Hawkins with the bubble level. These are the only two in 34 MM that I have personal experience on and very pleased with them.

FEENIX and jester560
Thanks you and Jester560 for your replys.
Are the Burris XTR Sigs straight forward with using the synthetic inserts? I have no need or desirer to use them for any degree of scope alignment or cant adjustment at all, just for compensating for scope ring misalignments (no lapping needed) and securely holding the scope without marking up the tube what so ever. I have multiple 1" scopes mounted in Burris "Z" signature rings that use the synthetic inserts and are 100% satisfied with them. Does the synthetic inserts in the 34mm XTR Sig rings work in the same exact manor as does the ones in my 1" Z sig rings?
Lastly if I use the XTR Sig rings will I still need to glass bed the scope rail?

Again thanks for the replies.

Last edited:
FEENIX and jester560
Thanks you and Jester560 for your replys.
Are the Burris XTR Sigs straight forward with using the synthetic inserts? I have no need or desirer to use them for any degree of scope alignment or cant adjustment at all, just for compensating for scope ring misalignments (no lapping needed) and securely holding the scope without making up the tube what so ever. I have multiple 1" scopes mounted in Burris "Z" signature rings that use the synthetic inserts and are 100% satisfied with them. Does the synthetic inserts in the 34mm XTR Sig rings work in the same exact manor as does the ones in my 1" Z sig rings?
Lastly if I use the XTR Sig rings will I still need to glass bed the scope rail?

Again thanks for the replies.
Yes, you can set them with zero degrees cant.

One last question. Are Burris rings still made in the USA or as I have read but couldn't confirm as true they outsourced their scope ring manufacturing to Communist China?:mad::mad::mad:
I have a bunch of Burris Sig Z rings in use right now and the last pair I bought quite some time ago but still have the package was labeled "Made in USA"

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.