need help choosing scope

rsdangelo

Hello,
This is my first post on this site after finding it yesterday. I just purchased a new rife dmps lr-308 24" and need help with choosing a scope for it. I think I have narrowed it down to 2 scopes but any suggestions would be appreciated. I have $700.00-800.00 to spend.

Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 30mm
Burris Black Diamond 6-24x50 30mm​

Hello,
This is my first post on this site after finding it yesterday. I just purchased a new rife dmps long range-308 24" and need help with choosing a scope for it. I think I have narrowed it down to 2 scopes but any suggestions would be appreciated. I have $700.00-800.00 to spend.

Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 30mm
Burris Black Diamond 6-24x50 30mm​

Welcome abord,

On this range you can get a IOR Excelent Scopes.
4-14x50
IOR - Valdada Premium European Optics

or 6x42mm fix scope
IOR - Valdada Premium European Optics

For my next rifle I will purchase IOR, and for now I have a Sightron 6.5-20x50MD Side fOCUS.
Very good scopes, tracks excelent, lifetime waranty, and just 550 USD at Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera

Chris

Both scopes are very nice, but I would probably tend to lean towards the Bushnell for the reason it is an excellent scope and is a $100 cheaper.

Both scopes are very nice, but I would probably tend to lean towards the Bushnell for the reason it is an excellent scope and is a $100 cheaper.

Hi Theopticzone,

With all the respect, You can not compare Bushnell with IOR.
Bushnell is low end scope and IOR is on top togheter with Leupold, NightForce, and Zeiss.

Plus IOR comes on MP-8 Reticle, and the glasses are Zeiss (Germans one)

Better add 100 Dolars now than regret later.

Just my opinion
Chris

300rum,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I was comparing the 2 scopes mentioned in the original post, Burrris Black Diamond and the Bushnell Elite 4200.

300rum,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I was comparing the 2 scopes mentioned in the original post, Burrris Black Diamond and the Bushnell Elite 4200.

Hooch... My mistake, I should first read your previous post.
Please accept my apologies.
If you buy any of this scopes: Nightforce / IOR / Leupold you will have a high top quality scope for life.

PLEASE DO NOT CUT CORNERS ON SCOPEs. You will regret later...

Chris

I have a Burris Black Diamond in 3.5-14x50, I think that it is very clear I am able to see bullet holes out to 300yds provided that the heat isn't too bad. I am very impressed with the amount of light brought in by the scope, I am able to hunt when ever the moon is out and above 1/2 full (can sit in the blind from first quarter to last quarter). Really have no experience with the Bushnell but I feel that the Burris is a quality scope.

I have both Nightforce and Bushnell 4200 Elites..The 4200's are way better scopes than the price may indicate..In the price range of the scopes that you listed, I would choose without hessitation the 4200....The IOR and Nightforce scopes are excelent, but cost quite a bit more...

4200 is OK.. but if you wanna shoot longe range that implies clicking for range.. My 4-16X50 will not return to zero after dialing the range in once...

Maybe it is a lemon but I'm looking @ nightforce or IOR now...

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.