Heaviest, highest bc 30cal bullet

That's exactly what my buddies and I's actual experiences too. However, I am not impressed with the factory 200 ELD-X on my friend's MT bull elk this year. I have a box of 212s and 225s that I was going to load for LRH on elk but I might just used it for target or medium range and smaller game instead. Anyways, have you looked into Berger 190s?

Also, are you from SK and whereabouts?
Strange, I've shot two moose and two elk and a mule deer with the 212 eldx, was very happy with the bullets performance.

I haven't looked at the 190vlds, I've got the Berger 210lrbt and the 195tmk ordered, gonna try them and if im not happy with the results move to the 185juggernaught.

I'm in sw sask, near maple creek

Strange, I've shot two moose and two elk and a mule deer with the 212 eldx, was very happy with the bullets performance.

I haven't looked at the 190vlds, I've got the Berger 210lrbt and the 195tmk ordered, gonna try them and if im not happy with the results move to the 185juggernaught.

I'm in sw sask, near maple creek

That's good to know. My buddy shot a 6X6 bull at just shy of 500 yards with factory 200g ELD-X; double lung shot but managed to run back into timber for ~2K yard before he expired. No blood trail except ~5 yards he finally laid down. No exit wound; literally drowned in his own blood. Perhaps it's too early for me to give up on it. I have pretty good success with the 215s on my .300 WSM. Also have 230s to load. The furthest I harvested with the 190 is on MT bull elk at 931 yards out of my .300 WM.

We normally do an annual fishing trip to SK. This year, my group is going back to Tawaw Cabins on Waterhen Lake in Meadow Lake provincial park. The last two years were in Canoe Lake, and many other lakes north of Saskatoon/Prince Albert areas before that. We always have a blast. Cheers!

That's good to know. My buddy shot a 6X6 bull at just shy of 500 yards with factory 200g ELD-X; double lung shot but managed to run back into timber for ~2K yard before he expired. No blood trail except ~5 yards he finally laid down. No exit wound; literally drowned in his own blood. Perhaps it's too early for me to give up on it. I have pretty good success with the 215s on my .300 WSM. Also have 230s to load. The furthest I harvested with the 190 is on MT bull elk at 931 yards out of my .300 WM.

We normally do an annual fishing trip to SK. This year, my group is going back to Tawaw Cabins on Waterhen Lake in Meadow Lake provincial park. The last two years were in Canoe Lake, and many other lakes north of Saskatoon/Prince Albert areas before that. We always have a blast. Cheers!
I've done many fishin trips up north also. Try Jan lake(f.a.t.s. Camp) is one of my favourite places to go. Otter lake is also really good. Both places have pontoon boats for rent...a necessity lol

Berger is supposed to be coming out with a 240gr .30 caliber bullet. They have a 230 OTM, and it's about the biggest and baddest currently on the market, that I'm aware of.

Berger may release their new 30 cal heavy bullet at the Shot Show but nobody is talking if that will happen or not, sure hope they will ,

in the meantime Cutting Edge has 220 and 240 Lazer bullets available and no, they won't stabilize in an 11 or 10 tw barrel, I'd get an 8 tw 5R barrel from Rock Creek, they are extremely accurate with both lead core jacketed heavies from Sierra and Berger as well as copper solid tipped hp bullet from Badlands and Cutting Edge

8E49573F-A4DC-41CA-8597-062E81363F6F.jpeg
Thought I would update:
I purchased 210long range bt and 195TMKs. Here they are side by side and then I laid out some other 30cal bullets.

212eldx,210lrbt,200eldx,195tmk,168eldm,155scenar
C947FFAA-8F73-42FE-953E-36ABFD57341B.jpeg

Did seating depth tests at .02" intervals within allowable mag room and ogive to case mouth.
The 210 shot at .5moa
And the 195 shot even better at 100yds.
So proceeded to perform a small ladder test around 41gr of varget at 450 yards. Starting at: 40.6,40.8,41,41.2,41.4gr with each bullet.

210lrbt
529D2344-CA4A-4AFF-B301-8D2FBA2B34C8.jpeg

195TMK
50772615-0D53-4896-A8BE-18EEE12A55C5.jpeg

Conclusion, so far the 195 is really shooting well, but both are acceptable. Gonna try them at 1k before bothering with fine tuning the seating depth. Thanks for the bullet suggestions guys

You can get a bunch more velocity with either cfe 223 or mr2000. Both do exceptional with heavies in a 308.

You can get a bunch more velocity with either cfe 223 or mr2000. Both do exceptional with heavies in a 308.
Yeah, since I had varget though I wanted to make sure the bullets remained stable at extended range before experimenting with another powder. Once I'm confident in stability I'll try some cfe

Did you chrono your ladder?
I didn't, I think my old chrony leads me more astray than helps lol, should've maybe

After shooting the 210s I adjusted it to 2430fps for both bullets and shot the 195s, the drop matched quite close

I used a .300g7 on the 195TMKs what are you using?

Last edited:
.610 but I have not shot drops yet. My 308 is in gunsmith jail right now. I should be getting it back the end of the month. I was at 2735 with an es of 13 with 4 shots. I still have a bit of work imho to do. I want to run lapua brass and a match primer to see if I can tighten up my es. The above was with 118lr and military #34's I might coat my bullets as well. The other issue is I have a solid that runs hard with an over .540 bc that bounces me out of the gun less. I have to shoot both through some positions to see if the 195 is worth it for me. I'm running a 16# 308 before any bags or other attachments

The recoil management is definitely a downside with the heavys, but I shot a match last year where the wind was unbelievably atrocious, worst I've ever shot in for being switchy and gusty actually, and I thought if I had a load for the wind, I could be a lot more competitive. My plan was to take my 168eldm rounds along too, have offsets made for the heavier round and depending on the conditions decide which round to use

Wanted to update:
Shot the 210s and 195s at 810yds. 1100 da or -15celcius and 2500asl. The 195 remained stable and I put all 5 shots on my plate while I was unable to connect with the 210s. Running the numbers on the stability calculator I had a 1.36sg at the cold temp. At 10C and above the 210 remain stable, so I guess they're not lying about marginally stable lol. The 195s are grouping better and remain more stable and oddly with identical velocities and using .3g7 for the 195s, and .32g7 for the 210s. The 195 show one click less wind drift at 810 yds in equal conditions

Apparently the 195tmk is capable of shooting through the transonic zone.
Shot 1322yds this morning and it gave really consistent results.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.