Highest BC 0.257 bullet please...

TireurDelite

Hey guys,

what brand of bullet has the highest BC. I am currently plinking with 100g N. Bal Tips. Results are satisfactory for a newbie like me but am wondering if there aren't anyone out who make heavier bullet with very high BC. Hope someone can help.
Thanks in advance.

Nothing that I know of is even close in BC to Lost River Ballistic Technoligies. I believe they offer a J-36 hunting bullet 100 gr over .5(maybe .54 something) amd a 90 gr close to or over .5 . They are solid copper. The problem with them is they are really expensive and Ive heard mixed accuracy results, usually either really good or really bad, although ive heard similar mixed results with other solid copper bullets like barnes. I guess some barrels like em and some dont. I have no personal experience with them. Anyway they have a website i dont remeber it just hit lost river ballistic into yahoo.com and you can find it. I think cabelas sells em too so you can check em out there www.cabelas.com and go to hunting/optics and then reloading. While your looking at em check out all of thier BCs. Some are insane like a 7mm thats well over .7 .

By the way alot of shooters and hunters believe that unless youre shooting at extreme rannge, an insanely high BC isnt really that advantageous.

Hope this helps.

here ya go...
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0012706214481a&navAction=jump&navCount=0&indexId=&podId=0012706&catalogCode=IE&parentId=&parentType=&rid= &cmCat=search&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fitem-link.jhtml.2_A&_DAV=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcontent%2FPod%2F01%2F27%2F06%2Fp012706ii01.jpg&hasJS=true
http://www.lostriverballistic.com/

also check out this article, uses that bullet and extremely high velocity to get ultra flat trajectory, and cool anyway if youre a .257 cal dude. http://www.gunhuntermag.com/Features/030818Tamale.html

just what i was looking for! burger bullets site posts bullet weights and recomended rates of twists.my 75gr v-max in 25-06 are veering off target over 360yds.i am blaming this on my 1-10 twist?looking to 115 balistic tips.anyone know a good powder?thinking h-4831 or h-1000.using new rem cases and fed gm match primers.

The LRB bullets have high BC's but a lot of guys say the shoot like crap.

Bob cauterucio makes 6.5 & 7mm bullets with real high BC's.

highest is his 7mm 176 with a BC of .750

If you do a search of this you'll find a page with BC's of many different bullets.

[ 06-30-2004: Message edited by: John M. ]

got nosler 115's and hodgdons 4oz sample pack of retumbo-1000-4831-4350(great idea!)
i will be adding rl22.i cant imagine not finding something good there.does anyone have a favorite weight to recomend in any of those choices?
confused.gif

Hey reloader I'm using about the same load you are (Combined Tech. 115gr.BST) and IMR 4350 (49.0gr)my best 5 shot 100yd group so far is under .3 with average of .5" This a great bullet and the .453BC is just fine for long distance shooting. By the way how fast have you got yours flying? I don't have a Chronograph but was guessing around 3050fps from Savage 26" tube.

TireurDelite,

You may be interested in these new bullets from Wildcat bullets.

One is a standard listed bonded core flat base UP ULD design in 130 gr weight.

There is also a 140 gr Rebated Boattail ULD version in the developement stage that I will be testing here very soon in my 30" Lilja barreled 257 STW.

This bullet combined with the 257 STW's raw horse power will take the 257 calibers to ranges it has never been useful at before.

Unfortunately at 25-06 velocites, you will have some trouble with stabilizing these bulles with a standard 1-10 factory twist as least with the 140 gr ULD. The 130 gr flat base may work with top loads.

Contact Wildcat bullets at [email protected] for more informtion.

These bullets have B.C. values far and away higher then any .257 bullet I know of.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Mikecr,

Being conservative, and from teh initial tests I have run which are not that extensive yet, I am predicting the 130 gr Flat base will be in the low to mid .5 range.

The 140 gr ULD is still in production and yet to be tested but I am thinking these will be in the .6 range pretty comfortably. We will see when I get the testing finished.

Good Shooting!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.