Heaviest, highest bc 30cal bullet

Berger is supposed to be coming out with a 240gr .30 caliber bullet. They have a 230 OTM, and it's about the biggest and baddest currently on the market, that I'm aware of.
There's not way either of those are stabilizing in a 11.25 twist.:D

There's not way either of those are stabilizing in a 11.25 twist.:D
Got sidetracked and didn't read the post, just read the title... He asked for the biggest and baddest .30 cal bullets... Guess I need to read next time.

I shoot Berger 210's and 215's in my 11.25" twist .308 Win. Have for years with great results.

Got sidetracked and didn't read the post, just read the title... He asked for the biggest and baddest .30 cal bullets... Guess I need to read next time.

I shoot Berger 210's and 215's in my 11.25" twist .308 Win. Have for years with great results.
How far have you shot them? What's ur DA? The 210s show stability, any of the heavy hybrids on the Berger calculator are marginally stable at my altitude

How far have you shot them? What's ur DA? The 210s show stability, any of the heavy hybrids on the Berger calculator are marginally stable at my altitude
Haven't had a chance to really stretch them out the last couple years, less than 500. I have a spot to shoot 800 or so, but haven't been out there in a long time, especially since it's been deer season the last 3 months. Every time I get the spare time, its' always some sort of season, so I don't want to go out there incase someone is trying to hunt.

Not sure what you mean by "DA"? Elaborate.

Haven't had a chance to really stretch them out the last couple years, less than 500. I have a spot to shoot 800 or so, but haven't been out there in a long time, especially since it's been deer season the last 3 months. Every time I get the spare time, its' always some sort of season, so I don't want to go out there incase someone is trying to hunt.

Not sure what you mean by "DA"? Elaborate.
Your density altitude, it a derivative of air density basically. What's your altitude?

I tried the 208eldm and they work great to 400 and at 500 are shooting a little over Moa and at 600 are a disaster is why I was wondering how far you've slung them

The 212 eldx have better bc, sd, and in general fly better. I use h1000, great combo, does well, hits like a beast.

Your density altitude, it a derivative of air density basically. What's your altitude?

I tried the 208eldm and they work great to 400 and at 500 are shooting a little over Moa and at 600 are a disaster is why I was wondering how far you've slung them
Gotcha, never heard it referred to as "DA". I'm around 600' ASL.

On a different note, has anyone ever noticed on Vihtavuori load data that they're willing to take the scenars of various weights waaay higher with N540 than any equivalent bullet?
08B5EE90-08D8-4322-B581-F8DCCB399E66.png

On a different note, has anyone ever noticed on Vihtavuori load data that they're willing to take the scenars of various weights waaay higher with N540 than any equivalent bullet?View attachment 116449
Marketing hype. Same thing Hornady does. Same thing Nosler does with their inflated BC"s for the ABLR, and also for certain load data in their manuals... Their cartridges, and several others, and most modern cartridges show higher performance numbers than certain older and lesser-popular cartridges of proven real-world equal performance.

Marketing hype. Same thing Hornady does. Same thing Nosler does with their inflated BC"s for the ABLR, and also for certain load data in their manuals... Their cartridges, and several others, and most modern cartridges show higher performance numbers than certain older and lesser-popular cartridges of proven real-world equal performance.
That's one thing about hornady, their creedmoor data is similar with everyone else's

That's one thing about hornady, their creedmoor data is similar with everyone else's
Sure, they're not lying by inflating their numbers, because that can be easily disproven... They're just not making the other cartridges look quite as good as they could, by down-grading their performance numbers to make their's look better. It's marketing 101. It's not necessarily harmful lies, just pure deceit for dollar bills.

That's exactly what my buddies and I's actual experiences too. However, I am not impressed with the factory 200 ELD-X on my friend's MT bull elk this year. I have a box of 212s and 225s that I was going to load for LRH on elk but I might just used it for target or medium range and smaller game instead. Anyways, have you looked into Berger 190s?

Also, are you from SK and whereabouts?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.