(HAT) Henson Aluminum Tipped Bullet 338 Rum Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a request to all.

In all of the years that I have been here GG = Goodgrouper!!

Goodgrouper has been in many of the HAT threads, and interchanging GG for Greyghost is confusing and IMO disrespectful to Goodgrouper, even though I am sure that it was not meant to be :)

IMO, GREYGHOST should be called by something else...perhaps HAT or Ghost, or GREY.

Just my opinion :)

Now after a word from our sponsor..., back to the previously scheduled fight!

edge.

Yes it does we didn't spend months and months testing and countless dollars just to post ficticious bc's .
Lotts of (blood mostly mine)( sweat mostly LV's)(my shop has ac) and (tears mostly mine when u break something a punch or die )(and a few not nice words all mine ) went into developing these things and countless hours of loading technique to get the results we do.
Not to mention hours on the range and hunting for expansion tests..
Making these tri metal bullets was a great challange then finding out what makes them fly the best was next.ie the loading guide.

Sorry to be a pain, but just to put a finer point on this.

If someone orders a hundred bullets and finds the drops to be considerably more than LV had attested to earlier in this thread LV "(using the most conservative BC of .900)" and then returns say 80-90 within a reasonable time period after testing, that there would be a full refund for the 100 bullets...is that correct?

My analogy would be if I went to the supermarket and bought a gallon of milk but found that it were spoiled that they would refund the full amount without regard to the 12 ounces missing from the glass I poured down the drain.

Inquiring minds want to know :)

Clearly I see no reason not to try the bullets if that guarantee is indeed in effect!

Thanks,

edge.

LV did provide BCs. Repeatedly. That's what started all this. Even in this very thread.

If lack of stability was the only cause of poor groups, that would be true. But that's a very specific case (and not a very common one) that in no way supports the contention that had Bryan "taken the time to work up an accurate load" his results would have been any different. Bryan invited this response. I provided the correlation - one that everyone would understand. My HATs didn't shoot well - likely because they weren't stabilized. Have you or Bryan the high speed cameras or research data to prove Bryan's were? A little tit for tat.

I don't recall him ever demanding that. This comment wasn't directed at Bryan and I don't recall specifying that it was. But he and other here have demanded fantastic/incredible (or plainly false) claims not be made without supporting data. Why stop shy with the illusion of false? Moving past the pretense of false, the demands are the primary problem. Same story as Richard with his startup of the original Canadian-based Wildcat bullets. No one had any basis to demand BCs then. No one has any basis of authority to demand them of Mr. Henson now. Some want a BC from Mr. Henson. They don't get one and then proceed as if empowered to lead a charge to demand a BC. No one's owed a BC yet no one has to buy the bullets. But that's not good enough? We still have demands. The casual reader might conclude buying HATs was a requirement the equivalent of paying Federal tax.

I'm not sure why you sound so defensive. I really don't think the forum members want anything more than to not be fed BS that causes them to waste their money. Call me defensive but I've got nothing to defend. I shined the light on this assault for what it is. I typically side with the minority and now the majority seems to be on the defensive. Beats me? Anyone who thinks all we've had here is a good healthy exchange of ideas in a cordial manner - well just read the prior MR post. And the following two after that. It sounds like everyone would be happy, if only Mr. Henson would meet their demands. Demands based on peer pressure. It's not good enough that he offers to refund the money on his bullets if you try them and don't like them. Now he also needs to provide a new barrel and pay the re-barrel cost at the smiths? How does one define outrageous?

In case you're wondering, I have spent hundreds of dollars on HAT bullets already. Not because I believed the BCs advertised, but because I thought they might be good bullets with a decent BC. Jon, I'm not wondering. My purchase doesn't give me any claim to fame. The only reason I mentioned my purchase was to verify Mr. Henson's response to my situation was consistent with his money back offer, even when he had no culpability. Everyone read right past the money back offer. Not even a time out. Next item on the agenda is that the money back offer doesn't fully compensate for barrel wear & tear. Hello? Don't buy the bullets. Let's just pretend there's nothing within this Thread other than hidden accusations and cordial exchanges. Oh, I forgot the demands of BCs. Me defensive? Guess I should leave the light switched off.

Unfortunately, few members here have the knowledge, equipment and ability to test BC's that I do so they rely on manufacturer's claims more than I do and are more likely to spend a bunch of money thinking they're getting something they are not. Like with the Bergers before the BCs were corrected? Oops. BCs are guidelines. I've said it before. I wasn't the first and won't be the last. They require field verification for LRH.

That's why the fantastic claims bothered me. Certainly not for any "personal benefit" to me.

1) To my knowledge, you can buy the HAT bullets if you decide to. No one can force them on you.
2) Demands don't create any obligation of compliance, no matter how disappointing that may be.

Last edited:
IMO, this thread has run its course!

I was absolutely turned off by LV, and his arrogant replies.

GREYGHOST has replied "personally" that if you buy his bullets and you don't get very close to the LV quoted BC of 0.900 that you can send back your remaining bullets ( 80% my suggestion ) that you get 100% of your money back!

IMO, if respected members here take the time to shoot 20 shots with these bullets then HAT's will either take off or he will be gone from this website.

Will someone take up the challenge?

I will throw $20.00 into the pot via Paypal...LEN want to hold the money for someone you trust to do the testing?

edge.

IMO, this thread has run its course!

I was absolutely turned off by LV, and his arrogant replies.

GREYGHOST has replied "personally" that if you buy his bullets and you don't get very close to the LV quoted BC of 0.900 that you can send back your remaining bullets ( 80% my suggestion ) that you get 100% of your money back!

IMO, if respected members here take the time to shoot 20 shots with these bullets then HAT's will either take off or he will be gone from this website.

Will someone take up the challenge?

I will throw $20.00 into the pot via Paypal...LEN want to hold the money for someone you trust to do the testing?

The point has been over looked.
All of my customers used our bc's last year hunting, All one shot drops using our numbers all except a miss during one customers hunt which he said was the shooters fault.. 100% 1 shot hit and kill out to over 1100 yards!
most of my 338 265 sales last year were reorders usually 3-4 times thier origional order.. 6000 265's were sold last year..
And i do appricate thier business..And thier hunting success!!!
rg...
bulletts bullets

Last edited:
There are a few things here that I agree with:

GG=Goodgrouper, no question here.
Lightvarmint=Abrasive and in my opinion the source of the bickering and mean tones going on now. Because of his interaction over the last year or so. Ghost will be much better served here talking for himself.

In the past I have had a lot of fun bantering with Phorwath, sometimes a bit heated. I have to say, he sees it like it is. Shoot the bullets and report your success or failures. Otherwise leave it alone. In other words shoot or get off the pot.

I don't know of any other bullet manufacturer that will refund your purchase if you don't like them. It simply does not get any better than that. The only thing you will be out is some loading and shooting time. Unless I am mistaking, most every one here likes to do these things. On the bright side you may find a bullet that you like.

On another note, has any one caught one of these in milk jugs? I know it is not a perfect test, but it is fairly predictable. I'm not so worried about the bc's, I think they are going to be pretty high. I would like to see more on how they perform on impact.

Let's start seeing the range reports guys.

Steve

I am tired of stuff like this, I do not like my name coming up in this post. I do not like internet ****ing contests. This will be my last post concerning the HATS. I will leave it with this summary, the bullets shoot better in my gun than the 338SMK, A BC of .89 at 3400fps works well for me, they kill stuff well enough, I will continue to use them. I am not leaving the site like THE ONLY GG, there is too much still to learn here, but will not be volenteering much.

I wonder if it's any coincidence that it's a full moon :)

Mr Henson,

That is a very good guarantee. I may take you up on it with the 30 cal 180's out of my 300 RUM this spring or summer if you are willing. I dont mind burning the factory barrel up real soon. I supose we would have to have come to an understanding of what the expected performance would be.

Mark

An inaccurate and very unfortunate and flamitory statement.

-Mark

Mark,
My response is a conceptual summary rather than blow by blow.

Have you counted your number of posts in this Thread? Do you understand that collectively, your statements equate to: you don't believe the field drops or the inferred BCs, your "wowed" by the small group sizes being reported, you've lost confidence in the LV/HAT product information, and Mr. Henson's responses to your repeated requests for additional information and clarification simply don't measure up (to your satisfaction). Check it out. All combined there's no missing the taunts and underlying accusations. By your own account you've concluded the LV/HAT data lacks credibility. I suspect you feel you haven't crossed the line because of a sincere belief you're on an honerable mission - to purge this Forum of claims that fail to meet your Quality Assurance/Quality Control standards - in this case, LV/HAT product promotional information and data. And concurrently, to protect the financial interests of other Forum members. I'd recommend you leave these censorship duties to Len.

Even after a source you apparently do trust reports his BC value for the HATs, which should mean you've reached an endpoint on the BC issue, the poking and prodding continued. You've beat the hornet's nest sufficient to incite calamity. Yes, you had some cheerleaders. Don't presume they, or being privy to the higher calling, justified the onslaught.

Status
Not open for further replies.