Hallond Art Scope Reticle and software programs

coachA

I have been looking at several different types of advanced and classic reticle designs for a future scope buy. I have read and studied a lot of different reticles and many of them are great reticles. I just saw the Holland Art reticle in an article and I hadn't heard of it before that time. I would like to know what you guys know about this reticle? I have also been looking at different Ballistic software programs. I know that the information from the programs are more starting places than actual accurate firing solutions. I would like to hear your opinion about the Holland programs as well.

Darrell's equipment and methods are typically sound and chosen by him for his reasons. I think what he pushes or uses is not any better or worse than anything else out there. Some of it, in my opinion, is a little dated for this day in age. The stuff you can do on the phone apps is impressive. The software that is integrated into today's high performance rangefinders is even more so. I guess it depends on what you like to do with your process. Range-reference a dope chart, range-reference your phone for an app, or have the rangefinder range and provide you with a ballistic solution.

If you're not computer savvy I think his software, with correct inputs, will allow you to print old school drop cards to hang off your gun somewhere or keep in your bag. I also think it's rooted in the old Sierra ballistic software so it's legit I guess.

If I remember correctly, the left, right, and bottom cross hair are all 1.5 moa spacing, the top is mil based. I don't personally know what is 'advanced' about all that. I guess it's more advanced than a duplex reticle. In my opinion a good reticle is simple to use, not too busy in the center, and has fine measuring marks somewhere out near the edges. But that's just my opinion. I think everyone likes what they like in a scope or anything else. Then we figure out what we can afford...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.