Gunwerks G7 BR2 Rangefinder Review

It may read in meters but unfortunately will not give MIL readings. A big bummer for this MIL shooter!

Scot E.

Howl
how do u account for spindrift and coileres?

Spin drift is a constant, and can be accounted for in many ways. One would be to know what affect it has on your rifle at 1000 yards and go from there. In the distance the G7 will give out corrections (1400 max) I would not think many rifles would have more than .75 moa. and probably .5 moa at 1000 would cover most.

Coriolis effects are minimal out to 1400 yards. I usually do not include them in a soluton untill after 1200 to 1400 yards.

Jeff

I have the G7 Range finder and think its the next best thing to sliced bread, or maybe better. You said that its good for 95% of the long range shooters (hunters) out there, but it does everything out past the magic 1200 yard mark out to 1400 that you mentioned. I shoot 1200 with my setup and have shot coyotes at 1091 yards using the G7, I feel that this is the only Rangefinder on the market that even comes close to doing everything a long range shooter will ever need. Thanks Mike

mike

how do you like the wind correction feature ? Does it work as well as advertised ?

I just purchased the g7-br2 range finder today..after the review and testing that shawn carlock has done and len and others have done i feel it,s probably the best unit out there today with all it has to offer.
Like others on this site i have tried all the others. Each had something i didn't like or it didn't work as advertised..i feel with all the testing that has been done this is a wise decision ...

it seems to be dead on, as long as all the information on your gun is correctly entered, but thats a given. I really like that ay different eleavations I dont need a second or third turret, the G7 eliminates all that.

Like several members here, I am seriously considering this unit, along with the vectronix plrf05. The vectronix is being offered on a group buy over on snipershide. Davidsons, would you consider a group buy for LRH members?

How can we go about seeing if this is a possibility?
Chris

I would try calling them, you can speak with Aaronn or Mike. Thats what I did and got through the first time. I think they do everything right at Aaronns house or shop

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.