Gregory Lassen Pack- What about the rifle?

Propdoc03

Is there some way or something they make scabbard wise or any other way that I might be able to attach my rifle to this pack? I already have the pack and am trying to save the cost of a new pack so that it can go towards other accessories. I am gearing up for my first pack hunt, sounds like we will be packing from spot to spot in the evenings?

Thanks,
pd

try going to kifaru.com they have gun bearing options that fit other packs and some people here really like them.

I have a similar pack and I am not sure that it is constructed well enough to take the weight of a rifle on a single point.

However, I also have a different pack with heavy duty construction and this is what I rigged up but never used.

Cut off a leg from an old pair of pants by going up the zipperand crotch to the top wasit band and cut along the waist band so it remains attached to the leg. Sew or tie up one end. Slide the rifle into the bag butt first. Use the waist band strip to tie around the barrel and also to the pack. If you use a scope coat then you have padding already on your scope.

Use the bottom loops on you back pack to tie the bottom of the bag and use lashings to tie the rifle barrel up on the pack. Load the pack carefully so the rifle is padded from any hard item on the inside. The Gregory has load tightening diagonal straps on each side.

You will not be able to go under any low limbs nor will you be able to sit down with the pack on. The pack may very well be unbalanced to one side and very uncomfortable to carry.

There are some reports of your pack separating from the back shield but I do not really understand that issue.

Thanks guys. 9-point, that site looks like it is some type of video production, I must be missing something.

Bob, thanks for the pant leg tip and also for the info on my pack separating, that does not sound good. I will do some research on it when I have more time.

pd

:(sorry, you are right, open the thread titled rifle pack, and its about the 6th or 7th reply, there is a link to the site I told you about, good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.