Got my 1000 + Yard Yote!!!

Broz: What is the "release trigger" on your RF? Is it part of the unit or something you've added? Sounds like an incredible piece of equipment.

Thanks.

Tim

Broz: What is the "release trigger" on your RF? Is it part of the unit or something you've added? Sounds like an incredible piece of equipment.

Thanks.

Tim

Hi Tim, that is the way the PLRF10 comes. You push and hold until you are on target, then release. It is a very light trigger kinda like a 2 oz jewell :D It works very well. With the other RF's I have owned it was alway an issue holding on target while depressing the button. This really helps on small far targets.

Jeff

Hi Tim, that is the way the PLRF10 comes. You push and hold until you are on target, then release. It is a very light trigger kinda like a 2 oz jewell :D It works very well. With the other RF's I have owned it was alway an issue holding on target while depressing the button. This really helps on small far targets.

Jeff

Got it. Thanks for the info, Jeff.

Jeff

Most probably the final deciding factor on making the purchase.

Thanks Jeff.

Just saw this thread... Great shot Broz!!! I'm really looking forward to getting one of Dan's pieces of work :D

Hmmmm.... might have to look into one of those PLRF's.... and I just got a Leica 1600 :rolleyes:

If we can only get a couple of these companies to put out an RF that will spit out your MOA or Mil corrections :cool:

Great stuff! Next time get video of it :)

Well done sir! I think it's knda' nice that u have to work the system to get the correct info. If all u have to do is push a button then everybody would be doing it. It adds considerably to the reward of this kinda' shot, IMO.

Broz, I wonder if the 208 A-Max would have been a good selection for this also? I've oftened wondered about the terminal effect of a match HP at that range on a coyote. Seems to have worked for u just fine though, huh?

Broz, I wonder if the 208 A-Max would have been a good selection for this also? I've oftened wondered about the terminal effect of a match HP at that range on a coyote. Seems to have worked for u just fine though, huh?

I know the 208 A-max's are very accurate. I have often thought of trying some. Problem is I have had stellar results with the 210 Bergers. This same rifle took a few antelope past 650 , my 6x6 Bull at 803 and my wife took her cow with it at 415 this season. I built the rifle with the 210 in mind and I can't bring myself to change:rolleyes:. One of those " If it ain't broke don't fix it" kind of things.:)

Thanks guys!
Jeff

If all u have to do is push a button then everybody would be doing it. It adds considerably to the reward of this kinda' shot, IMO.

+1, I think so too.

The Leica 1600 is quite a bit slower on recovery then the 1200's are, and the only reason I can figure is because of the "extra" calculations it's doing. Even when the ballistic solution is turned off, it's slower to recover.

I would really rather just have a rangefinder, if the ranging will be slower. The more complex and accurate the ballistic feature, the slower they would be I am thinking.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.