Got a little floater in my Vortex scope

year.0

Cleaning my .338 last night, happened to dial my magnification down on my scope and I see that extra little chunk of whatever on the right. Couldn't see it with the magnification dialed up. Scope is a Vortex Diamondback 6-24x50 FFP, and it's been on the gun for 36 shots. Never had a problem with any other Vortex scopes, have them on 5 rifles.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200823-141358_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200823-141358_Video Player.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 184
That SUX. At least Vortex has a pretty fast turnaround on their warranty work. Unless, the retailer will swap it for you.... They might swap since it is so easy to see what the problem is.... Goodluck.

Well they ended up just sending me a new scope, 2 weeks from the day I mailed it til it showed up, very pleased! I see no reason to not keep buying Vortex scopes :) Handled just as I'd hoped it would be.

Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch know this is half a$$ed tongue in cheek...... but if you bought a better scope you wouldn't find a floater in it. Love it when vortex guys say the warranty is so great I've used it a ton they always make it right but if you just bought a nightforce you almost never get a chance to use the warranty which I think is a good thing.
Sorry off my soap box for now.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.