Little bubbles in my Vortex Viper PST scope

I agree. Use the scope till your season is over. I have four psts and no problem whatsoever. They have great customer service. They will take care of you.

If you send it back tell them you want the latest model PST . Identifiable by the power change ring and the finish coating . On the new model the power change ring is not rubber coated and the coating finish is darker and slightly glossier than the old one .

If you send it back tell them you want the latest model PST . Identifiable by the power change ring and the finish coating . On the new model the power change ring is not rubber coated and the coating finish is darker and slightly glossier than the old one .

When they replaced mine, I got the newer one......from the sounds of it that's all they had.....no complaint from me

I don't follow your comment. Care to explain or cite some concrete explaination???

it was directed at the guy above me. spatter on the lense....... or so they said was his line. Making it sound like the vortex people where telling him some bs or some thing. What would vortex have to gain by not telling the truth and 3 to be sent in for the exact same thing I might have a bs flag that needs to be thrown

it was directed at the guy above me. spatter on the lense....... or so they said was his line. Making it sound like the vortex people where telling him some bs or some thing. What would vortex have to gain by not telling the truth and 3 to be sent in for the exact same thing I might have a bs flag that needs to be thrown

I've learned through experience that front end support folks don't always know what they are talking about, they make educated guesses...I don't attribute to malice or deception what can be explained by ignorance.....I'm pretty sure they are right on the scope but I rarely take at face value what I hear from warranty folks on the phone

I know! Deer season for me starts in 2 weeks. I doubt that's enough time for Vortex to get me a new scope, or mine fixed, and returned to me. Ughh!! Well looks like Ill be calling Vortex tomorrow.

Call them and tell them your situation and I am pretty sure they will get a scope right out to you! Yes, im a little late here, but that is how they roll!!!

I had a very similar problem, only with a leupold, it was a bad o-ring and had little bubbles all around inside.

I would like to hear what they say and how they are with customer service.

From what I hear their customer service is second to none which is why I just ordered a 6-24x50 PST FFP. I looked at a lot of different scopes, but it was actually their warranty that sealed the deal for me. I had a Nikon Monarch which I received as a Christmas gift many years ago from my father. It developed a tracking problem and I had a difficult time getting it fixed because the original receipt had faded out to where you could no longer read it. I now make copies of all of my receipts for expensive items because of this, I do not know how the cash register receipts are printed, but I do know that over time you can no longer read them.

With Vortex this will be a non issue even though I will still make a copy of the receipt anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.