Vortex Viper PST, the scope that never was?

Well, after searching the web, i see several who prognosticate that it will be spring before the PST's are available.

I have decided that I want to wait 6-8 months before buying a Premier. The economy is spooking me a bit from spending that much at this point so I decided to try the NITRX II 3-15X50 SF MAT TREXPLEX.

Natchez is selling them for $300 each and I get a $100 rebate and they are supposedly rebadged Weavers and owned by the same corporate company with great warranty.

So I bought 2 and that will allow me to wait and see if Vortex ever makes it to the dance.....and who knows, I loved the weaver Superslam I last looked through, maybe Vortex did me a favor....I may really like the Nitrex II's....

The PST's will ship long before spring. At this point I cant guarantee anything, but it is very possible that some PST's will go out to dealers before the New Year.

Scott

Thanks for the update Scott, any idea if the initial amount will cover back orders fully/only or if there will be enough in initial shipment to also stock shelves for a bit as well?

Joseph,

As you did not indicate any affiliation, I would never hold you to anything.

I have enough in reserve to pull the trigger if and when they come out, but now the quality of the Nitrex scopes play into it as well.

Well, after searching the web, i see several who prognosticate that it will be spring before the PST's are available.

I have decided that I want to wait 6-8 months before buying a Premier. The economy is spooking me a bit from spending that much at this point so I decided to try the NITRX II 3-15X50 SF MAT TREXPLEX.

Natchez is selling them for $300 each and I get a $100 rebate and they are supposedly rebadged Weavers and owned by the same corporate company with great warranty.

So I bought 2 and that will allow me to wait and see if Vortex ever makes it to the dance.....and who knows, I loved the weaver Superslam I last looked through, maybe Vortex did me a favor....I may really like the Nitrex II's....

Aldon:

I received "Inside information" from Premier ( While I had my new /used 5-25X in for a check-up )....that they are releasing a hunting scope with a 30 mm tube. Evidently they will be unveiling this at "Shot Show". It sounds like a pretty amazing scope...from what I've been told. I think the PST will also be an awesome choice...once they get them to market. I'm a happy owner of 3 Viper optic products and one Premier.

I believe the Premier will be an extremely tough competitor to Swarovsky and Zeiss.

Wayne

Wayne,

I appreciate the heads up.

I really like Premier, so that may be worth waiting for as well.

I have pretty much all brands other than Premier.

Perhaps it will help out with my Karma if I pick one up and share the proverbial wealth....pun intended:)

I love the Vortex scopes I have as well.

Aldon

Wayne,

I appreciate the heads up.

I really like Premier, so that may be worth waiting for as well.

I have pretty much all brands other than Premier.

Perhaps it will help out with my Karma if I pick one up and share the proverbial wealth....pun intended:)

I love the Vortex scopes I have as well.

Aldon

Aldon:

It seems the price of the "Hunting" premier scope is more in lines of a European hunting scope....that is....$1500 or less...From what I was told. This is significantly less than their full-on tactical scope...and more in line with Europe or NightForce.

The individual from Premier that informed me....was handling hunting scopes "Now". So, the wait would seem to be very short.

Good Luck,

Wayne

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.