Little bubbles in my Vortex Viper PST scope

From what I hear their customer service is second to none which is why I just ordered a 6-24x50 PST FFP. I looked at a lot of different scopes, but it was actually their warranty that sealed the deal for me. I had a Nikon Monarch which I received as a Christmas gift many years ago from my father. It developed a tracking problem and I had a difficult time getting it fixed because the original receipt had faded out to where you could no longer read it. I now make copies of all of my receipts for expensive items because of this, I do not know how the cash register receipts are printed, but I do know that over time you can no longer read them.

With Vortex this will be a non issue even though I will still make a copy of the receipt anyway.
I t seems like to many guys have to find out how good the vortex warranty is

I saw a poll on another site, it was pretty large and Leupold and Vortex had about the same warranty rate, S&B was way up there as well but the clear rock bottom lowest warranty was Nightforce.

I saw a poll on another site, it was pretty large and Leupold and Vortex had about the same warranty rate, S&B was way up there as well but the clear rock bottom lowest warranty was Nightforce.

Interesting, but how weighted are the results.

Look at it this way... If Vortex and Leupold have higher rates of warranty issues but both sell say, 3 times the quantity of say S&B or Nightforce for that matter, then in actuality, Leupold and Vortex really have a lower incidence of warranty issues because their volume is so much greater,

Now, S&B is certainly not a volume seller comparied to Leupy or Vortex so they must have quality issues...

Speaking strictly for myself, with 4 Vortex Viper PST's, a pair of Vortex bino's and a Razor spotting scope, I've had no issues whatsoever. But then I've has no issues with my 3 Leupolds either.

No S&B nor Nightforce here. I'd buy something with more resale value than any S&B and to a lesser extent Nightforce.

IMO, all optics are over priced, especially the high end ones.

Like a good friend said to me... You can buy a Swaro (spotter) and pick up 5 minutes in the morning and 5 at dusk but comparing the prices of the Swaro and the Razor, I'll give up 5 and 5.

I can (and did) relate to that.

I agree with sidecar, you always have to spend nearly 100% more to get that last 10% of improvement (if that). A good example is building fast cars, you can get 90% of the way there, but that last 10% in performance is going to cost you. I guess it comes down to how important that last little bit is to you, and if you have the discretionary income to get it. If you do then great, go for it! My kids take up that extra bit of discretionary income and I have no problems with that. I can be very happy with a good scope and happy kids, I guess that is what is important to me.

Having said that I expect to be completely happy with my PST when it comes in today and will have no regrets.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts