Good article on why everyone either loves or hates the 6.5cr

Not a fan of rum but wild turkey 101 is good!
Since the thread is has evolved from the hipster hotshot rifle through their preferred coffee preparation to a choice of alcoholic beverage does anyone know what these creatures prefer in the way of an alcoholic drink?

I have a sneaking suspicion that I know as there is a new trend growing in Australia. Small licenced distilleries are popping up in small towns everywhere.

Does anyone know what I'm thinking?

The Swede needs a long action to run long, heavy bullets. Unless you want to single shoot it or load light stubby bullets it needs a long action. The Finnish sniper you speak of never had a Swede. He had a 7.62x54r Mosin Nagant. Bell had a 7mm Mauser.
May l suggest you go a bit deeper on Bell. App a third of his elephents fell to a 6.5Swede. The rest to his 275 Rigby(7x57 Mauser). Over the years l have known Jarrett he has built several 6.5 Swedes. All were on SA 700 actions.

Since the thread is has evolved from the hipster hotshot rifle through their preferred coffee preparation to a choice of alcoholic beverage does anyone know what these creatures prefer in the way of an alcoholic drink?

I have a sneaking suspicion that I know as there is a new trend growing in Australia. Small licenced distilleries are popping up in small towns everywhere.

I'd venture to say white claws, micro brew IPAs or PBR based on the common jokes here but I don't know any to ask.

NOT an Elk Cartridge, Not a Kodiac Bear cartridge and will not stop an alien invasion from Outer Space... my $.02
How do you know the size of the Aliens coming..maybe they are Three headed BLUE RABBITS! 6.5 s will work fine.....not that you Southern fellas have any Ammo to throw at them! Then the boarders will open again and I will come down with a semi load and help you all out!!!!!! ( For a nominal fee...you know Gun broker prices which you all feel is so good...a few you I've gotten to know well here...Bean, Feenix, Rick R., treeslug to mention a few.can get em at Canadian prices in your US dollars ...that's a 30% savings)....enjoy!

Last edited:

They drink white claw hipsters I mean

If there is an award for most ridiculous thread if 2021, I vote for this one.

That said, I have rifles ranging from .22 to .338, with a couple 6.5 non-creeds in there as well. I drink my bourbon neat, eat my steaks rare, and drive an F250 with a 6.7L (because whether you want to admit it or not, it is the best truck).

Before today I didn't own a Creedmoor. But to provide a definitive answer out on the interwebs, I placed an order for one this morning because my smith was able to give me a heck of a deal on one he had access to that was already assembled. I'm sure it'll be a fine rifle but it won't be better than my favorite, the 270 win.

So there- I now technically own one and am saying that there is no better rifle than the 270win, no better truck than the F250 with a 6.7, no better way to eat steak than rare, and no better beverage than a high proof single barrel bourbon neat. 😁 😁 😁

That said, I have rifles ranging from .22 to .338, with a couple 6.5 non-creeds in there as well. I drink my bourbon neat, eat my steaks rare, and drive an F250 with a 6.7L (because whether you want to admit it or not, it is the best truck).

Before today I didn't own a Creedmoor. But to provide a definitive answer out on the interwebs, I placed an order for one this morning because my smith was able to give me a heck of a deal on one he had access to that was already assembled. I'm sure it'll be a fine rifle but it won't be better than my favorite, the 270 win.

So there- I now technically own one and am saying that there is no better rifle than the 270win, no better truck than the F250 with a 6.7, no better way to eat steak than rare, and no better beverage than a high proof single barrel bourbon neat. 😁 😁 😁
Yup....what I said!

I too drive an F-250 with a 6.7 and it is the best truck 😎😉

I too drive an F-250 with a 6.7 and it is the best truck 😎😉

That's all you have to say Is "I too drive a Ford" and I bet if someone asks you will explain it's "Superiority " to all other trucks ( as the football stadiums fill up with them) and that anyone who drives anything else is stuck in the 1950's and is handicapping themselves by their own ignorance ( Winkey Face, Winkey Face)
Not the best Creedmoor Crawfish I have seen but I'll score it a 6.5 anyway

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.