Future H.A.T B.C. Test shoot

Well we have dates, but they do not not work for Dave. I'm trying to see when Dave's availability and mine co-incides. If it doesn't in a reasonable way, then we are going to test these bullets at the end of June, the 25th through the 27th.

Assuming the worst case (and I hope it does NOT come to pass), then we would try to gather on the 24th in Vegas in the evening to discuss directions to the range, have a beer,etc. Even if we do not get together, testing starts first thing Friday Morning, June 25th.

Friday, June 25th we would meet at Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club, for 100 and 900 yard velocitiy verifications and zeros.
Saturday, Sunday, and Monday June 26th, 27th, and 28th (only as a last resort) we will do desert testing.

JeffVN

Like I said these dates are somewhat set, unless Dave and I can get our schedules to overlap at another date in July.

When you get the dates chissled in stone let us know..
We sure are lucky that Lightvarmint is retired. He can attend the shoot with his gear (Rail Guns, 1K BR guns, 600 yard BR guns, Short range bench rest guns, LR hunting rigs) at any date, any time, any year in the continental USA. As he always says "Have Excursion, will Travel".
R.G.Henosn
bulletts bullets

Well we have dates, and they will not not include Dave, but he is making his rifle available for the test so we are not losing the testing that he was going to do for us, it will simply be someone else behind the trigger of his rifle.

Thursday, June 24th we may meet in the evening to discuss directions to the range, have a beer, etc.

Friday, June 25th we will meet at Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club, for 100 and 900 yard velocitiy verifications and zeros. Testing starts first thing plan on no later than an 7:30 or 8:00 am start.

Saturday, Sunday, and Monday June 26th, 27th, and 28th (only as a last resort) we will do desert testing.

Like I said earlier, I HAVE PERMISSION TO cross the Moapa Indian Reservation, as will anyone who is shooting as one of our testers or data collectors. As such we will NOT be at risk of having rifles or vehicles confiscated or impounded if we are spotted on the reservation during our transit to or from the shooting point. If you do NOt have permission to cross the reservation you are going to be trespassing and are subject to their laws, including at least temporary confiscation of your vehicles and their contents.

If you want to watch as a spectator, you NEED to coordinate with me. I may well have some range and testing-related tasks that I can use you for and on.

As soon as I get a chance I will update teh list of bullets that we are we are testing, as well as teh shooters involved with that particular bullet.

JeffVN

Could not have picked a worse date for me. I will be shooting those dates, but at PDs with the wife and another couple and the trip is already paid for.

Well we have dates, and they will not not include Dave, but he is making his rifle available for the test so we are not losing the testing that he was going to do for us, it will simply be someone else behind the trigger of his rifle.

Thursday, June 24th we may meet in the evening to discuss directions to the range, have a beer, etc.

Friday, June 25th we will meet at Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club, for 100 and 900 yard velocitiy verifications and zeros. Testing starts first thing plan on no later than an 7:30 or 8:00 am start.

Like I said earlier, I HAVE PERMISSION TO cross the Moapa Indian Reservation, as will anyone who is shooting as one of our testers or data collectors. As such we will NOT be at risk of having rifles or vehicles confiscated or impounded if we are spotted on the reservation during our transit to or from the shooting point. If you do NOt have permission to cross the reservation you are going to be trespassing and are subject to their laws, including at least temporary confiscation of your vehicles and their contents.

If you want to watch as a spectator, you NEED to coordinate with me. I may well have some range and testing-related tasks that I can use you for and on.

As soon as I get a chance I will update teh list of bullets that we are we are testing, as well as teh shooters involved with that particular bullet.

JeffVN

Dave and Jeff,,,,,Earlier I told Dave I could drive and have ATV's available, but because of other issues, I will need to fly to the shoot...DAVE, do you want me to shoot your gun???? If so, I need to know what I will be shooting and I will need to load up some rounds...It would be nice to shoot ahead of time as well. Dave, did you say it had a scope if not, I have an extra Night Force 8.5 by 32....It would be even better if you had a 40 moa rail on the gun, my 8x32 has only 65 moa.

Kelly zier

My 338 Lapua Magnum Improved rifle is inbound and will be delivered early next week. To whet your interest, here is a picture of a dummy round using blown out brass from the same reamer and one of the 338 7 caliber long ZA bullets seated to roughly proper length. The tip of the ZA has been flattened by my gunsmith to prevent injury...as when I shook it out of the box it hit my palm point first and drew blood...nasty and TRUE.

Here she is on the left, next to the 7WSM and 284 Winchester (with 180 Berger's seated to their shooting length in my 7WSM and my brother's .284 Winchester.. On the left is a piece of new 338LM brass and a blow-out case to my improved ramer design.

The 338 total length is right at 4.135 inches

IMG_1153cropedmed.jpg

Jeffvn

Several posts back it talks about 6/24 thru 6/28 for testing and such so it looks like about 2 months out.

"... when I shook it out of the box it hit my palm point first and drew blood...nasty and TRUE."... Jeff, the tip has a .010" radius, how blunt do you need this thing to be?
:D

"... when I shook it out of the box it hit my palm point first and drew blood...nasty and TRUE."... Jeff, the tip has a .010" radius, how blunt do you need this thing to be?
:D

What is it, a blow dart??? This big "shoot" has been being talked about and argued about for months. I'll be glad when the thing is over. Interested to see the results though.

Noel

It is fine the just the way it is. Lets just say you do not want to be reloading barefooted and drop a loaded round on on your foot sharp end down.

I am hoping somewhere about 55,000 - 58,000 psi and its producing a sub-1/4 MOA load.... That would be nice.

JeffVN

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.