Free Range Hunts Vs. High Fence

virtue signaling on a hunting forum? now I've seen everything.

I would have thought that by now the "I'm better than you" mentality was gone from our sport because of the common enemy. But apparently not.

"some people are killers and some are hunters. What are you?"
really? good grief. So now we have people voting themselves up as the moral authority that determines what kind of hunting is "good" for everybody else (because they like it) and which is "bad" (because they dont).

Last edited:
Just because we all carry a gun, wear camo and harvest game does not mean we can't disagree on something. Some of us may see these high fence hunts as a threat to our sport, in fact the anti hunters have used some of these types of hunts (the unscrupulous ones) against us all. Virtue signaling.? Nah just an opinion my friend. Virtue signaling sounds like term born out of some of the colleges these days. Would the fact that I am defending my right to my opinion be considered Toxic Masculinity? Ha ha ha.........just foolin with ya bud relax. ;);)

virtue signaling on a hunting forum? now I've seen everything.

I would have thought that by now the "I'm better than you" mentality was gone from our sport because of the common enemy. But apparently not.

"some people are killers and some are hunters. What are you?"
really? good grief. So now we have people voting themselves up as the moral authority that determines what kind of hunting is "good" for everybody else (because they like it) and which is "bad" (because they dont).
Really? I am a hunter and you are attempting to frame yourself as better than me by attacking my stance on high fence hunting. Sound familiar? Since you are enjoying trying to one up someone on the moral high ground I will retreat from the conversation in the best interest of the forum as I stead fastly maintain my opinion of your high fence hunts LOL.

We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not to judge others, we do not have that right. I may not agree with your opinion but I will respect it and the right thing is for the other person(s) to do the same.

That said, I like free range hunting, I believe we owe it to the animals we hunt to make it a fair chase.

Brst regards

LVJ76

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.