high fence animals

What the hell is a popo?, and if it's what I think it means I wasn't! We ARE cool and all you need do is soak in what I said in my last post that you C/Pd and you'd know why I brought it up again! Now we are cool and you can post all the high fence animals or any other animal you care to and have a good day doing it!

"Popo" is a Police Officer.

You stated your 30 year career as an "LEO", Law Enforcement Officer.

Thank you for your public service.

My other comment is in reference to "Coues" deer, named after Elliot Coues. A 119" Coues is a great buck! I have seen very few over that. My neighbor is a Coues fanatic, and his best is a 118" crazy nice free range typical buck he took last January in Mexico.

"Popo" is a Police Officer.

You stated your 30 year career as an "LEO", Law Enforcement Officer.

Thank you for your public service.

My other comment is in reference to "Coues" deer, named after Elliot Coues. A 119" Coues is a great buck! I have seen very few over that. My neighbor is a Coues fanatic, and his best is a 118" crazy nice free range typical buck he took last January in Mexico.

The year before i killed my big couse with Rio Sonora Outfitters, they killed this giant (i think it scored 151'). What i like about Brad so much he is always going after a deer over 110", and more times than not he gets them. My smallest is 106" typical..

Attachments

• Rio Sonora Outfitters.jpg
    Rio Sonora Outfitters.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 73
Thanks, but I didn't say I was a LEO! I was actually an Investigator in consumer protection for the state of MI involving over 150 different laws and regulations. My work varied from food standards and sanitation violations to weights & measures investigations ranging from persons/companies cheating on package weighing to rigging gas pumps to cheat the consumer, to motor fuel quality standards involving cheating on octane requirements, alcohol in devices not labeled as containing such, etc. It was a very interesting and satisfying career involving the use of high tech equipment to catch cheats in all facets of everyday life that people are involved in, but I didn't carry a sidearm. Once in a while in an "iffy" situation I wore a vest, but that was no big deal. To all those actual LEOs who do put their life on the line every day, as well as firefighters everywhere who do the same, I salute you all!!!

PS: That Coues is a pig!!!

Having retired 11 years ago in a LE career for over 30 years, when I see someone go to an aka it's usually an alert that something shady may have been going on or is going to happen. lightbulbThat's all! Very seldom, if ever, do I see someone on a website change their name unless something has been going on amongst the members and that person. Keep stuff on the up and up and I'm sure everybody will be good with it! Hey, I see you're not working again today, or do you not have a job? :D

Sorry. I took this quote to mean a "Law Enforcement" career. Meaning public safety service in my book, hence my appreciation for your efforts.

Sounds more like a Weights and Measures type investigator, thanks for keeping folks honest. Helps keep my folding money in my pocket for things I would rather spend it on...like hunting.

The year before i killed my big couse with Rio Sonora Outfitters, they killed this giant (i think it scored 151'). What i like about Brad so much he is always going after a deer over 110", and more times than not he gets them. My smallest is 106" typical..

Here in AZ, G&F biologists have seen a few "hybrid" deer. We have had a few 150+" Coues taken here too, but some have been DNA tested to show some mule deer genes from what I have heard from G&F officers. No proof that I have seen, so it is just hearsay at this point, but pretty reliable sources being they work for the AZGFD.

"Sorry. I took this quote to mean a "Law Enforcement" career. Meaning public safety service in my book, hence my appreciation for your efforts.
Sounds more like a Weights and Measures type investigator, thanks for keeping folks honest. Helps keep my folding money in my pocket for things I would rather spend it on...like hunting."

Lance---It was a law enforcement career, as I stated, but it was not in the typical sense of a LEO. I actually had more powers and a higher salary than a State Trooper, including seizure of violative equipment without a warrant if any was found during an investigation. The part that I enjoyed the most was exactly what you mentioned and that was the weights & measures and motor fuel quality investigations because of how involved they were becoming when I was in the last few years of my career. Where in the "old days" you were looking for physical things being used to cheat, as I was finishing up it was getting to be computers and software programs that were being used to cheat. Where in the past a gas dispenser had to be manually set with an adjuster to produce the correct volume based on product displacement in the piston chambers, the newer systems are now designed to go into a mode where software is used to program how much is pumped based on the pulses in the display board. I do miss it at times, but not in the Spring and especially the Fall when I can devote all my time to hunting.

Lance---It was a law enforcement career, as I stated, but it was not in the typical sense of a LEO. I actually had more powers and a higher salary than a State Trooper, including seizure of violative equipment without a warrant if any was found during an investigation. The part that I enjoyed the most was exactly what you mentioned and that was the weights & measures and motor fuel quality investigations because of how involved they were becoming when I was in the last few years of my career. Where in the "old days" you were looking for physical things being used to cheat, as I was finishing up it was getting to be computers and software programs that were being used to cheat. Where in the past a gas dispenser had to be manually set with an adjuster to produce the correct volume based on product displacement in the piston chambers, the newer systems are now designed to go into a mode where software is used to program how much is pumped based on the pulses in the display board. I do miss it at times, but not in the Spring and especially the Fall when I can devote all my time to hunting.

(I would of guessed hospitality or customer service by your friendly nature TopGun):D

Here in AZ, G&F biologists have seen a few "hybrid" deer. We have had a few 150+" Coues taken here too, but some have been DNA tested to show some mule deer genes from what I have heard from G&F officers. No proof that I have seen, so it is just hearsay at this point, but pretty reliable sources being they work for the AZGFD.

That's interesting i haven't heard that before but it definitely could be a possibility. I'll ask Brad Fulk (owns Rio Sonora Outfitters) and he is one of the head hancho G&F officers in Arizona.

I had a good laugh at that one too lance, as I'm actually pretty outgoing and usually try to be more than helpful to most everyone on the websites I'm on. However, I'll admit that I can get a little testy at times, especially when I think someone may be trying to pull the wool over our eyes, LOL! I guess it's just the outlook you get when you've run into some of the characters trying to hoodwink the public like I have. I do apologize for probably taking things the wrong way in your particular case slim!!! I'll blame it on this oppressivie heat and humidity we've been having the last few days or maybe the devil made me do it :D

I had a good laugh at that one too lance, as I'm actually pretty outgoing and usually try to be more than helpful to most everyone on the websites I'm on. However, I'll admit that I can get a little testy at times, especially when I think someone may be trying to pull the wool over our eyes, LOL! I guess it's just the outlook you get when you've run into some of the characters trying to hoodwink the public like I have. I do apologize for probably taking things the wrong way in your particular case slim!!! I'll blame it on this oppressivie heat and humidity we've been having the last few days or maybe the devil made me do it :D

No worries man

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.