Flatline Ops ADI and acculevel

Night Hunter

Does anyone have one of these. I read the article on here and looked them up on their site. How do they compare with other market options as far a price goes? Seems like a great product but I'm not crazy about having to purchase 3 seperate parts to get the whole system...

I just ordered the Horus Vision. I am excited to see what its all about. It seems well thought out. As for the the OP's question. The concept seems good in some ways and not so good in others. I like that the level rotates in and out of position. However, I also see this as a potential downfall some ways. Consistency and functionality being the main two. This will all be based on the quality of mass production. The Last thing I would want is for this device to be sloppy and swinging around uncontrolled. I cannot in any way say that this is the case as I have not personally handled one. Just enough of a deterrent for me not to lay down the higher price they are asking for it. I liked that the Horus came with the big three in one simple unit. A level, ACI and ADI. The Horus was $79.00 plus shipping.

I have the Horus Vison and I simply love it. I have the mount that goes directly on the base and I can not be happier. Everything all in one package.

Rod

The Flatline OPs is a far better product than the Horus in my opinion.

It is rock solid repeatable, I had it on two western hunts last year and when I returned home I set it up in my scope leveling bench and it was all dead nuts on with the scope reticle just as I had set it up 2 months earlier.

The fine level adjustment is easy to use in setting up the unit and the quality built into the unit will keep it where it was set. This thing would take some serious abuse before going out of plumb.

The Horus has a obviously less sensitive level system and I don't like the plastic housing. No fine level adjustment as far as I can tell.

I am not saying that the Flatline Ops is not a better product, but is it worth the difference in price?
That is a decision we each must make for our own pocket book.
I have two of the Horus, one on a 6mm Gibbs, and one on a 338 LM IMP with 184 rounds down the barrel.
I also have two rifles Sniper Tools ACI with separate USO anti cant level.
Have not had ANY issues with either the Horus or the ST/USO combination.

Have been on several hunts with these rifles, none were horseback hunts where the rifle was in and out of a scabbard or subject to that kind of treatment and have not dropped any of the rifles on the ACI.

So far I am happy with both, not to say that one of these times when I pull the trigger on the 338 that parts may fly.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts