Firearm Insurance

Do you carry Firearm Insurance or rely upon your safe?

• Yes

Votes: 32 64.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Waste of money

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
This is what a friend went through. There are no shooters in those M1s, all were collectibles. Fire happened when he was halfway to Camp Perry from Austin, TX.

IMG_0077.jpg
IMG_0075.jpg
IMG_0072.jpg
IMG_0084.jpg
IMG_0087.jpg

Last edited:
I told my Insurance company I'm not a collector I am a accumulator.
Nothing of great value buy itself but together they are worth quite a bit to me.He gave me a blanket policy and I did not ask questions then but I will now.M D From Texas what was the name of that insurance company?
After seeing Bamban's pics and reading of our new friend loses I need to do something.

With the eastern policy it's a blanket policy. All firearms accessories are covered as well. You can even get a separate rider for reloading equipment as well as ammo/reloading supplies.

If you are going to insure your firearms, don't put up with the homeowner's snoopy policies; get one from a company that specializes in firearms and such.
3 guesses who I am calling! Its funny I started this as a thought just to get flavor of opinion but now benefiting from the info. I thought about bullet inventory, primers and powder on top of equipment and holy cow!
Thx!

Some recent threads got me wondering how many LRH members carry firearm insurance for full replacement?
I don't but my policy covers a certain amount of the firearms. I've been selling of my firearms to what I'll actually use and need. Serves two purposes for me. I'll get rid of dead money and to a certain degree get better quality or better suited gear for my tasks.

I told my Insurance company I'm not a collector I am a accumulator.
Nothing of great value buy itself but together they are worth quite a bit to me.He gave me a blanket policy and I did not ask questions then but I will now.M D From Texas what was the name of that insurance company?
After seeing Bamban's pics and reading of our new friend loses I need to do something.

I use Collectable Insurance Services - I found them years ago in in a shooting Mag - most home owners policies cover basicly nothing $2,500 max for fire & theft. scopes and reloading equipment and componets are considered guns related so they are included in the max. Collectables only want specifics if a firearm is worth over $10k. they cover shipping for buying and selling and transporting for hunting and shooting - too big of a risk to not have covered.

Collectable Insurance

Xsn10s, I'm with you - get rid of all those dust collectors and save yourself a tremendous amount of headaches!!!

So called "collections" are just another word for hoarders. Sorry to be so blunt and I probably hurt some feelings, but I feel it needs to be said in this discussion. A buddy's dad had over 300 guns that my buddy had to dispose of when his dad died. Many were rusted and worthless and hadn't been used or even handled in decades. WHY such a waste? Hoarding is a mental illness that costs the patient a lot of money just like drug addiction and alcoholism. All estate sales are a burden on the families and a huge financial loss. I call "collections" dust collectors, be they trinkets, pictures, guns, cars, etc. Instead of buying insurance, multiple safes, a storage room, worries, sleepless nights, etc, etc., sell what you're not using every year. If it hasn't been used in 2-5 years, get rid of it and do something you'll enjoy with the money, like a guided hunting trip, a cruise with the wife, etc, etc. Life is too short to worry about having insurance on stuff your kids/wife will sell for pennies on the dollar.

Last edited:
Xsn10s, I'm with you - get rid of all those dust collectors and save yourself a tremendous amount of headaches!!!

So called "collections" are just another word for hoarders. Sorry to be so blunt and I probably hurt some feelings, but I feel it needs to be said in this discussion. A buddy's dad had over 300 guns that my buddy had to dispose of when his dad died. Many were rusted and worthless and hadn't been used or even handled in decades. WHY such a waste? Hoarding is a mental illness that costs the patient a lot of money just like drug addiction and alcoholism. All estate sales are a burden on the families and a huge financial loss. I call "collections" dust collectors, be they trinkets, pictures, guns, cars, etc. Instead of buying insurance, multiple safes, a storage room, worries, sleepless nights, etc, etc., sell what you're not using every year.
You should buy that practically new McWhorter I have listed to help save me from myself..........

Xn10s, I'm with you - get rid of all those dust collectors and save yourself a tremendous amount of headaches!!!

So called "collections" are just another word for hoarders. Sorry to be so blunt and I probably hurt some feelings, but I feel it needs to be said in this discussion. A buddy's dad had over 300 guns that my buddy had to dispose of when his dad died. Many were rusted and worthless and hadn't been used or even handled in decades. WHY such a waste? Hoarding is a mental illness that costs the patient a lot of money just like drug addiction and alcoholism. All estate sales are a burden on the families and a huge financial loss. I call "collections" dust collectors, be they trinkets, pictures, guns, cars, etc. Instead of buying insurance, multiple safes, a storage room, worries, sleepless nights, etc, etc., sell what you're not using every year.

Are you kudding me?

I don't have the cajones to tell my wife to dispose her jewelry, shoe and purse "dust collectors"