Firearm Insurance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Death Ray 7, Aug 24, 2005.

  1. Death Ray 7

    Death Ray 7 Active Member

    Apr 3, 2005
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who's Homeowner's Insurance doesn't come anywhere near covering their "collection".
    I put the parenthesis around collection because most collectible insurance policies will not cover a firearm if you actually use them and I do like to exercise my right to manufacture spent brass at the range.
    To make a long story short: Can anybody out there recommend an insurance company that covers firearms that are used on the range and hunting?
    I understand they might not cover damage during actual discharge, but I would like theft, arson, accidental damage, and all that other stuff.
    Also, I would like the policy to be for declared value, not actual value at the time of the loss.
  2. DaddyRabbit

    DaddyRabbit Well-Known Member

    Feb 20, 2005
    Go to They have a few insurance peeps there who'd be glad to fix you up.

  3. redbone

    redbone Well-Known Member

    Jul 3, 2005
    I just bought 3 fire proff gun safe last year. Two for my gun one for my dad guns . If you Insurance your guns you will leave a paper trail that any one can look at at the Insurance company. or hackers . Then they will know what you have an how much they are worth . I had this happen to a friend of mine .
  4. Meister

    Meister Well-Known Member

    Mar 24, 2005
    Grange mutual, It costs me 3 times as much as jewelry insurance, but it's worth it. $3.50 per hundred.
  5. chillippr

    chillippr Member

    Jan 14, 2005
    Inquire of the NRA. The insurer that handles the minimal insurance that's part of membership benefits will write a policy for whatever you need. Records are not kept for firearms of less than $1500 value. As I recall the rate may be less than $3.50/$100.