Firearm Insurance

Do you carry Firearm Insurance or rely upon your safe?

• Yes

Votes: 32 64.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Waste of money

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. If you scale back, you won't need any more insurance than your homeowners insurance or your savings account in the bank. Self insure the guns you own by investing the money so you can replace the guns if they need to be replaced. Invest that $150/mo insurance in a savings account/investment.
In my experience homeowners insurance is worthless for firearms. The coverage limits they place on them and the info they want you to provide, no thanks.

I have pared down the quantity of my collection but due to the increase in quality my coverage needs are the same and it's far beyond what homeowner's will cover.

And I don't pay anywhere near $150/month for my insurance coverage.

I use Gun & Trophy. Haven't had a claim yet so can't comment on payout. But they do not replace they issue a check based on declared/listed value. I pay $150/yr for $50k insurance value.

Let me help you and everyone else to provide peace in your marriage. I will gladly accept any surplus firearm in any cartridge. I promise to buy another safe to store it safely.

Seriously, all of us who are married, we make compromises. Wife buys what she wants within a "budget" and I get to oaccasionally fill my safe, though now, I need another safe first. Have you seen those prices? Even the cheap Chinese are too expensive now.
I already have the safes. Presently have two more rifles being built.

I think my insurance covered $8000 with standard homeowners. I asked them about it and they offered a rider for like $4 that up it to $12000. Got to really doing an inventory on the customs ones and took out an underwriter who I ad to write down serial numbers to rifles and scopes and get a letterhead from the builder stating the value. I have 5 rifles and two pistols and it is $425 a year for $29,000.

I think my insurance covered $8000 with standard homeowners. I asked them about it and they offered a rider for like $4 that up it to $12000. Got to really doing an inventory on the customs ones and took out an underwriter who I ad to write down serial numbers to rifles and scopes and get a letterhead from the builder stating the value. I have 5 rifles and two pistols and it is $425 a year for $29,000.
No need to jump through all those hoops.