Finally upgrading to digital…

Nubba0681

Im finally going to upgrade to a digital scale/powder dispenser.

As anything goes, I have read online and I'm getting mixed reviews on all I have looked at.

Was looking mainly at the Chargemaster beings almost everything I have minus a few dies is RCBS and I'm ocd about my stuff matching for the most part. 😑

Chargemaster. Yes? No?

Others I've looked at but I have no idea really the benefits or the drawbacks to any of them not having any first hand experience with them.

Suggestions?

I don't mind buying used and I'm looking to stay around the $300 mark for my first one to see how I like the setup. I'm going from a balance scale that I've been using the last 20 years… Trying to get away from it solely because I can't see the little hash marks on it anymore. I figured I'd give something else a try.

Thanks for all info and feedback.

I've been using a charge master for a few years now, works great for my use, hunting ammo, and shooting paper keeping groups sub 1 MOA. If you don't need 0.01 kind of precision in powder dispensing I'd say go for it, it'll save you time.

I used a Chargemaster for years with no issues. I upgraded my old Chargemaster to the Link version and although it worked well, it sure felt cheap. I went to the AutoTrickler setup and got rid of my RCBS scales and use the AutoTrickler exclusively. If I were you I would find an older model Chargemaster.

They have additional 10% off right now so it's $279

Ditto the guys above! I've been using mine for 15 years or more. Pretty much "bulletproof". No glitches and no worries, just keeps churning out good loads. There are more precision units to be had without a doubt but I doubt that 2-3% of all of us could realize a significant difference.
Good luck with your choice,