Finally happened to me..šŸ˜

Deputy819

Well, as most of you know I do quite a bit of buying/selling/trading on this site and have recently begun the same over on Accurate Shooter.
On October 31st I bought a Farley CoAxial rest from a gentleman in North Carolina (Accurateshooter.com). He insured it for $1,000 (I paid $925 for the rest), shipped it the next day and provided tracking info. After processing the rest went from North Carolina to West Virginia to Lexington, Ky in 9 hoursā€¦ā€¦ā€¦and then **POOF**ā€¦disappeared. According to tracking it was set to be delivered on November 3rd..showed "Out for Delivery", but never showed up. On November 4th the status went back to "Processing at UPS facility" and it never changed from that. I spoke with my local driver and he told me that the package had been scannned & uploaded to his tablet, but never put into his truck. Here's the weird thingā€¦he also said he had backed into my driveway on the indicated delivery day, but when he couldn't find the package on his truck he left. I'm calling "BS" on that one because I was home all day/all night and never saw or heard anything. My 4-legged roving doorbell "Norman" also never made a peep. šŸ¤”
On November 8th I spoke with his supervisor and she told me that she and the "security team" would make several sweeps through the HUB and attempt to locate the package (which weighed in excess of 35 lbs by the way). It was NEVER located. I could not file a claim on the package because "I" was not the one who insured it and even if the claim was honored the refund check would be sent to the insurer/seller/shipper. So, I contacted the seller and he filed a claim through UPS and they opened an "investigation." (Insert laughter here) Yesterday, I received a notification that the "Investigation" was CLOSED and more "Merchandise Description" was needed for further action. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ Here we goā€¦.
So, it appears that a fight is indeed in the making and I'm completely powerless to do anything about it because I'm not the one who insured it to begin with.
Here's a question for you guysā€¦ā€¦If this was you would you ask the seller/shipper to refund your money and let HIM fight the claims process (since he's the only one who can) or would you just sit and waitā€¦ā€¦.and HOPE UPS actually sends a refund to the shipper and he actually refunds your money upon receipt?šŸ¤”

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel brother ,I've got a claim for $750 over that G7 BR2 rangefinder being damaged.they flat out lie I started questioning things when I heard nothing they said they sent request for more information to my house such as current value statements from the manufacturer. I was never sent anything! it was just an excuse to let the claim go dead and say I never responded!

Bill, if you were in my situation what would you do as far as the seller/shipper is concerned?šŸ¤”
That's the one thing that sucks in my situation luckily I was the seller so I am in control, but you can't do anything with this claim it is all up to the seller he hast to do it !but keep on them or they will let it go dead on purpose

Give them 2 to 3 weeks once it starts if you haven't heard anything forward your claim number and any information to the postal inspector! shake the tree and see what falls out.

This type of situation is definitely worrisome. I personally believe in your situation the seller should refund your $$ after a reasonable period of time. Since UPS does not show it as delivered and is investigating, you are powerless to do anything. Defining reasonable period of time is tough, but I would not expect a refund until the investigation is closed.

Well, as most of you know I do quite a bit of buying/selling/trading on this site and have recently begun the same over on Accurate Shooter.
On October 31st I bought a Farley CoAxial rest from a gentleman in North Carolina (Accurateshooter.com). He insured it for $1,000 (I paid $925 for the rest), shipped it the next day and provided tracking info. After processing the rest went from North Carolina to West Virginia to Lexington, Ky in 9 hoursā€¦ā€¦ā€¦and then **POOF**ā€¦disappeared. According to tracking it was set to be delivered on November 3rd..showed "Out for Delivery", but never showed up. On November 4th the status went back to "Processing at UPS facility" and it never changed from that. I spoke with my local driver and he told me that the package had been scannned & uploaded to his tablet, but never put into his truck. Here's the weird thingā€¦he also said he had backed into my driveway on the indicated delivery day, but when he couldn't find the package on his truck he left. I'm calling "BS" on that one because I was home all day/all night and never saw or heard anything. My 4-legged roving doorbell "Norman" also never made a peep. šŸ¤”
On November 8th I spoke with his supervisor and she told me that she and the "security team" would make several sweeps through the HUB and attempt to locate the package (which weighed in excess of 35 lbs by the way). It was NEVER located. I could not file a claim on the package because "I" was not the one who insured it and even if the claim was honored the refund check would be sent to the insurer/seller/shipper. So, I contacted the seller and he filed a claim through UPS and they opened an "investigation." (Insert laughter here) Yesterday, I received a notification that the "Investigation" was CLOSED and more "Merchandise Description" was needed for further action. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ Here we goā€¦.
So, it appears that a fight is indeed in the making and I'm completely powerless to do anything about it because I'm not the one who insured it to begin with.
Here's a question for you guysā€¦ā€¦If this was you would you ask the seller/shipper to refund your money and let HIM fight the claims process (since he's the only one who can) or would you just sit and waitā€¦ā€¦.and HOPE UPS actually sends a refund to the shipper and he actually refunds your money upon receipt?šŸ¤”
That's terrible to hear! I don't know how it would work but I think the local 'hub' should be taken to small claims court. Regardless of insurance or anything they lost your package and a local judge may just say you idiots lost it now reimburse the man.

58E94ACB-A5BD-43CA-90BE-A44D97D6F684.jpegD70DD32F-A116-487A-A677-8E653F0C381A.pngEB3ABAAA-0CD2-4316-A3C9-A238E0B7BEDF.png4BFC73EC-68C9-43B5-A24D-25D331AF7A9E.jpegED7AB63D-F619-47D0-A71A-2D116D82A95A.jpeg9BA7A7D4-45A4-47C0-9AF4-3C493ADAC37A.pngC58FA64F-C49C-4CFC-BBFF-D91F891599E1.jpeg893CA458-9CD2-48B0-BF41-6148B5807DB2.png

The seller/insurer of the rest is the only one who can fight this. Should I ask him to refund MY money since he's the claim holder?
Yes. If he doesn't refund you he is a dirt bag and make sure other buyers know. To me it is no different than buying from a retailer. If you ship something and it doesn't show up to the buyer it is on the seller to fight to get his money back. In this case you held up your end of the bargain by paying for the merchandise. His end of the deal has not been completed until you receive the merchandise. The only thing I can say is I have been in the same situation you are and items have shown up a week later. Good luck.

That's terrible to hear! I don't know how it would work but I think the local 'hub' should be taken to small claims court. Regardless of insurance or anything they lost your package and a local judge may just say you idiots lost it now reimburse the man.
I wish it was that simple. You'd think it would be easy enough for UPS to see where it was last scanned in the hub and more importantly WHO scanned it and then question them about it. At this point I think it's obvious to them that I didn't receive it (probably due to "internal theft" and just issue the seller/insurer the refund based on the $1,000 insurance he paid for.
"I" do investigations for a living and what UPS calls "an investigation" seems to be a real joke. šŸ˜

Last edited: