Finally happened to me..šŸ˜

Alrightā€¦.so UPS notified the shipper that they WOULD, in fact, be honoring his claim and sending him a checkā€¦ā€¦which they said would take @ 6 weeks. He refunded my money today and the world is right againā€¦ā€¦..at least it is beneath the rock I live under. šŸ˜‡ Thanks for being there, everybody!

Alrightā€¦.so UPS notified the shipper that they WOULD, in fact, be honoring his claim and sending him a checkā€¦ā€¦which they said would take @ 6 weeks. He refunded my money today and the world is right againā€¦ā€¦..at least it is beneath the rock I live under. šŸ˜‡ Thanks for being there, everybody!
Excellent news - glad to hear it worked well! Seeing a corporate entity do what's right - a miracle.

Seeing a corporate entity do what's right - a miracle.
It took several "backside rippings" both in-person and over the phone by the seller, but yesā€¦..a victory for sure. GAWD, I hope I don't ever go through that againā€¦ā€¦.and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤® STRESSFUL!!! I need a drinkā€¦..

OH HELLYEAH! It's time for some good ole Kentucky celebration. Cheers!

Kentucky whiskies.jpg

As a seller, I would always offer the refund right away if the package didn't get there and then hash it out with the company I used to send the package.
100% Agreed! That's really the only thing that bugged me about this ordealā€¦..my money was kept (for a little bit) even though I didn't get what I purchasedā€¦.AND was held onto until confirmation of insurance claim payment to the seller. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

and the world is right againā€¦ā€¦..at least it is beneath the rock I live under. šŸ˜‡
šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ Spoke too soon. So, look what was waiting for me on my back porch at the end of my shift on Monday?!?! You gotta be kidding me!!! God only knows where it's been all this time. The Farley rest was still tightly packed inside and all contents accounted for. So, obviously I was compelled to immediately notify the original seller who has yet to hear anything from UPS in the form of a check or otherwise for that matter. Doubtful he will since the package was miraculously found and delivered. Since I had already been refunded by the seller (and committed those funds to another product) I couldn't keep the rest and the seller just told me to sell it for him and send him the proceeds. DONE!!! It's currently on its way to an esteemed LRH member and very good friendā€¦ā€¦ā€¦via the United States Postal Service!! šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
0780EEE9-5E8C-4F05-9D91-2BEBD4CA0D18.jpeg

Thats awesome it finally worked out for you. It will be interesting to find out if they ever do issue that check- considering how broken their system is the delivery may not trigger a stop to the check issuing process.

I havent shipped or ordered anything expensive in quite a while but it looks like things have really gone downhill between the porch pirates and drivers/ loaders becoming professional thieves.

My take is that the shipping industry has not reacted properly to the fairly sudden complete dissolving of morality in this country and the corresponding boom in theft across the board. It is just far too easy to steal goods while shipping.

Listing on the label, insurance form or outside of the package what the item is, and its value, is a sure way to let theiving drivers or loaders know exactly which packages they should steal. It has always been so easy to get away with theft in shipping the only thing keeping people from stealing was their basic honesty.

Now that that seems to be a thing of the past, new methods of theft prevention are in order and it may have to be mandated for there to be anything done about it. Of course we know that will never happen unless we get outlandishly vocal about things like the 'other side' does.

Last edited:
Thats awesome it finally worked out for you. It will be interesting to find out if they ever do issue that check- considering how broken their system is the delivery may not trigger a stop to the check issuing process.
Yeah, I don't want ANYTHING to do with that. If UPS still issues a check it will go to the sellerā€¦..and then that's on him to decide. Hopefully the Postal Service gets the rest to its 'new owner' without incident and I can be out of this loop once and for all. šŸ‘

Recent Posts