Finally happened to me..šŸ˜

So, it would seem that most here are on board with the notion that I should receive a refund from the seller and HE should fight it out with UPS to have HIS insurance claim honored. Only thing I can do is ask him. We shall seeā€¦.šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Thanks to EVERYONE for chiming in here. First time something like this has happened to me and I wasn't sure how to feel about it. From the sounds of some of the stories here I guess I should consider myself somewhat lucky! šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Missing-Mail-The-Basics

My first question to the shipper, "Was shipping info placed inside the package? Did info include shipper & recipient address & phone numbers?
The shipping label on the outside of the package, may have been destroyed. May be sitting in a hold area?

Do your own search. Hope this helps.
Here is why internal addresses are a good idea. (I blocked out the buyers address for privacy reasons).
Inkedairgun 1_LI.jpg

This happened to me, on AS as well. The item was never found, the seller promised a refund.

Still don't have my money, that was February 2021.

Good luck. He insured it, he needs to fight it to get his payment from UPS. You should be refunded by him for not receiving what you paid for.

I do practice what I preach. I had usps lose a scope I sent to Washington state and did not insure, I ate the 750$ and refunded the buyer.

The seller had insured the package. The USPS took delivery. There was some tracking.

The USPS owes the buyer cost of the item.

The seller had insured the package. The USPS took delivery. There was some tracking.

I don't agree ,I do agree that UPS is responsible and the insurance should pay but it will go to the sender who paid for it the buyer is **** out of luck

Not how ups works. They will only refund the seller as the seller is who purchased the insurance from them.

USPS will refund the buyer, I've had that happen. They wrote the check directly to buyer and cut the seller out.

Funny that the driver said he backed into your driveway. UPS records GPS information on all truck movement, so they can verify whether or not your driver is lying.
I'm waiting on an optic from CameraLand NY. Supposedly it was out for delivery Friday, and I could see the UPS truck location on their GPS website. Then watched as the truck drove by my house. Later, I received two delivery updates - one saying Saturday, then one saying Monday.

As far as "on the seller until it's in your hands." Delivery of the item is the responsibility of the seller. They choose the carrier, and thus are responsible for that choice. Transferring responsibility to a third party, the shipper, is BS unless agreed upon by the purchaser.

Hey fellas! I just got this "status update" from UPS!!!! I hope it means what it appears to mean. Maybe they're gonna pay out after all?!?!
View attachment 409357
Not to disappoint but that may work or it may go away. I had to reopen mine several times. I got so ****ed I decided to let it go for public safety and my blood pressure. There is some flaw in there way of doing things. When the claim sits open for a set amount of time with no activity it goes inactive.

They dropped the ball every time on me. A lady from the bigger hub said it's up to the hub yo sent it from to see it through with updating and filing it.

Id have to call and sit on the phone. So getting the money back was basically gunna be like working for .50 cent an hour. I think it's part of there scheme. Put ya on hold...

It really is up to the seller to play the game because it's his claim. He should just pay you off. That's what I did.

Sorry. It stinks. I seriously thought about opening a shipping company after dealing with them. I had a boss that sucked so bad and on seeing his constant succeeding in getting away with stupidity and carelessness I realized I could start my own business. If he could do it I could/did. UPS/usps is also serious motivation. Especially for shooting sports