Finally had it

Nightfarce? Ha!!! I missed that in your first post on my initial reading. Got quite the chuckle out'a me the second time around though. :D Something's amiss with NF quality control. Or as others have suggested - with your luck of the draw, you better stay away from Vegas. I've never had a scope fog on me in 35 years of use (knock on wood), but they've mostly been Leupolds (plus a couple Bushnells). Most recently I've converted to Zeiss and IOR. The Zeiss transmits more light than the Leupolds and has a little sharper resolution to my eye. The IORs have the best resolution of any of the scopes I've personally owned and used. I just pass my experiences along since it sounds like you're in the market for a non-Nightfarce. Good luck to ya...

Nightfarce? Ha!!! I missed that in your first post on my initial reading. Got quite the chuckle out'a me the second time around though. :D Something's amiss with NF quality control. Or as others have suggested - with your luck of the draw, you better stay away from Vegas. I've never had a scope fog on me in 35 years of use (knock on wood), but they've mostly been Leupolds (plus a couple Bushnells). Most recently I've converted to Zeiss and IOR. The Zeiss transmits more light than the Leupolds and has a little sharper resolution to my eye. The IORs have the best resolution of any of the scopes I've personally owned and used. I just pass my experiences along since it sounds like you're in the market for a non-Nightfarce. Good luck to ya...

I bought a Ziess today a conquest 6.5-20x i took one look through it and i was very impressed, it now sits on my Cooper 243AI and i will be sighting it in tomorrow.

You get a lot of scope for the money in a Zeiss Conquest. I'll be surprised if you're not happy with the quality of the glass. And the adjustments have a reputation for being pretty accurate and repeatable also. Zeiss just doesn't offer some of the multi-hashed reticles available on NF and IOR. I use the mil-dot reticles on my Zeiss and IOR for hold over and under, and the IOR MP-8 is a little more refined with the 1/2 mil hashes and up to 10 mil holdover beneath the crosshairs. But the Zeiss is lighter, cost less, and is one fine scope for the money, based on my experiences and what I've read from others. Hope it works out for ya and you're pleased with it... and that it doesn't fog on ya!!! :rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.