Finally had it

280AIman

With Nightforce optics!!!!! took my 5.5-22x out yesturday to do a little yote callin' and it failed, now this is the 4th one i have owned it was given to me by my fiancees parents for christmas the other 3 have been sold because they would fog up and i just dont think they are as clear as a leupold. but i kept this one lying around just in case i bought a rifle and needed a scope real quick for it.
So i pick up my Cooper arms rifle Friday go to the range sight it in, Saturday rolls around and i'm going yote callin with some friends figure, hey i'll take the Cooper. we set up and at sunrise we start callin about 25-30min. we get a yote coming in he is lasered at 326yrds now i'm shooting a 243AI with 65 gr Ballistic silvertips. when i get into my rifle the scope is fogged up and there is drops of moisture inside the lens, so from now on there will never be another Nightfarce allowed in my house or near any of my rifles. IMHO they are complete junk and no one should have to have these problems with a scope that cost this much.
Just needed to vent sorry if i make some of you mad.

interesting ...

This is an interesting thread.

I have been tryin' to "save-up" some $$$ for my 1st NF, but I may hold-off for a while. The Leupolds do look good, for a little less $$$, but I can wait a while.

Keep us posted,

Jim

I dont have a nightforce scope but have been thinking
about buying one but will wait and see what comments this
thread generates.

Seems like they should be able to fix this problem !!!

I do all the wrong things with my scopes,(keep them in camp
house and then take them out when I go hunting) but have
had no problems with the LEUPOLDs or other high end scopes
so I am suprised that Night force has this problem.

With high humidity and temperature swings of 50 to 70o fogging
is a common problem here in south Texas.

Waiting on more comments
J E CUSTOM

My smith has a nightforce sittting on the shelf that I've been eye-balling and thinking about. I'll be very interested in this, as I've heard only good about Nightforce in the past.

Nightforce

I've got three Nightforces, two 12x42x56 BRs and one 8x32x56NXS, had them a while and no such problem. Sounds to me like you've just had all the bad luck. Maybe you should contact the manufacturer and let them rectify the problem.

Firefight...

Bummer on your scope problems. I suspect this thread is gonna get interesting. I sense the flames building even as I type this now... :eek: gun)

FWIW, I really like the glass in my IOR 3-18x's. And their MP-8 reticle is the best I've ever used.

You've received 4 bad NF's in 4 tries? Mathematically, I'd be playing the lottery if I were you and I would NEVER go outside when it looks like lightning.

Thats nearly $6000 in scopes?

Did you buy these NF's new and were they the old target scopes or the newer NXS's?

Just curious. I've had a few bad scopes over the years but they were all of the 'lower cost' variety. Haven't had a problem with Leupold or NF, maybe I'm just livin right.

AJ

You've received 4 bad NF's in 4 tries? Mathematically, I'd be playing the lottery if I were you and I would NEVER go outside when it looks like lightning.

Thats nearly $6000 in scopes?

Did you buy these NF's new and were they the old target scopes or the newer NXS's?

Just curious. I've had a few bad scopes over the years but they were all of the 'lower cost' variety. Haven't had a problem with Leupold or NF, maybe I'm just livin right.

AJ

they were all purchased new.
i have called the manufacturer and they asked me to send them back which i did with the first 2, i had bought the first 3 at different times within a 4 week period, from 3 different shops. i sent the first 2 back and they refunded my money for both said it was a defect in the manufacturing process, the 3rd i bought with the money they sent back, that one i just never felt comfortable with, since the first 2 went south on me so i sold it to my friend he loves it. and i'm glad for him. the 4th like i said i took it out as soon as i wanted to touch this yote i couldnt see crap through it. i grabbed my friends 220swift and Leupold and nailed him. so for me they will never adorn any rifle of mine again, i wish any body that buys one the best of luck with it i just wanted to tell my problem with Nightforce scopes...:mad: i have had the bad luck of being the only one in the world to get bad scopes from nightforce i guess. so i'll let the flamming continue. i have a great admeration for there customer service, i called and they were wonderful. and when they called me to offer either my money or new scopes to replace the others they were very friendly and helpful. i just am not ready to give them another chance yet. maybe in a few years i will but iam so dissapointed right now i cant bring my self to do it.
forgot to mention they were all bought in 2007 brand spanking new.

I dont own one. I have Leupold's, Zeiss and Swarovski. Sounds like NF gave ya a string of bad luck. The important part is the backed their products. Sounds like they did whatever you asked and were very flexable to deal with. Sounds like they are worth another look. Many people here seem to like them and you did have a good customer service experience so I think that says a lot about the company. I would look at them if I were in the market for another one.

Wow, I have owned 5 Nightforce NXS scopes and I have never had a problem with any of them. They have all worked awesome in all weather conditions.

I hope you find out whats going on. It sounds like some real bad luck.

Wildcat

Wow, some people just have string of bad luck. I never own a Nightforce but I own several brand from Simmon, Redfield, Burris, Leupold, IOR, Weaver, Bushnell, Bausch & Lomb, Nikon and not one have given me any problem.

4 nightforce scopes go bad....

something isn't right.

I have never heard of such problems let alone 1 person with 4 bad ones.

Many a test have been done and Lupy doesn't transmit light better nor are they clearer. But to each his own.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts