Finally Arrived!!

Clubhunter

My doorbell rang a couple of hours ago and with great anticipation my package has finally arrived. The box was surprising large from what I thought it would be. The box contained my new Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 MOAR. When I opened the box, the scope seemed ginormous. I guess it had been a while since I held one. Anyway, now I have to figure out the best way to attach it to my Sendero 300 RUM.
I am totally jacked up now. Great glass and I love the reticle. Any suggestions on the rings and base would be appreciated.

Check out the Near manufacturing alpha hunter 1 piece mount 10 MOA built in cant will get you out a long ways and still zero at 100.

Near Manufacturing - Rifle Scope Bases

I am very happy with mine. I used one of Richards Rails on my 300 win mag. Works great too.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Check out the Near manufacturing alpha hunter 1 piece mount 10 MOA built in cant will get you out a long ways and still zero at 100.

Near Manufacturing - Rifle Scope Bases

I am very happy with mine. I used one of Richards Rails on my 300 win mag. Works great too.

Bob

I looked at their website and certainly have some nice products. Whatever I do I want to put an anti can't indicator as the top of the back ring. I know Nightforce has them as does another company out of Idaho has them as well. My concern would be if they would fit on the Near rings. Anyone know?

Call Richard Near he has done all that probably will give you a real good idea. He's a real good guy.

Should you have any questions regarding our products please e-mail us at [email protected] or call us at 1-866-608-2441 or (780) 608-2441. We welcome the opportunity to answer any questions you may have and discuss your particular needs.

Bob

I've used NF Ultralight rings on my NF BEAST and am very happy other than they are $$, especially when you add NF anti-cant cap. Badger and Seekins rings seem to ahead of NF rings in popularity with PRS top shooters according to 2014 info.

The nearmfg rings at the link on the prior posts appear to be SS, which would probably weigh more. How much would be tough to say as I have not seen published ring weight info by different mfg when I was searching for my future needs and looking at Seekins, Badger and NF. I would be hesitant myself to mix an aluminum top anti-cant ring with SS bottom ring but there are numerous anti-cant devices that attach to the scope so you are not limited to the NF type top anti-cant ring if you choose to go with SS rings.

I guess I am kind of torn between going with the picatinny rail with rings attached or maybe lighter weight direct mount such as the nightforce or the defensive edge two piece mount. Those guys also have an anti cant half ring that can attach to theirs or nightforce.
Are the nightforce ultralights aluminum or steel?

With anti cant and leveling devices I would go with the rail mount a lot more user friendly. I have the 1" seekins rings and a near 20 moa rail on my 300 win mag and my 6.5-06 both firearms are on the heavy side. The near 1 piece alphahunter mount is definitely lighter with 10 moa its more restrictive for long range work.

Shoot straight

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.