FiftyDriver

Glock119

Kirby I'm taking her .270 700 deluxe and giving it the tactical look like the one your working on. The guys at work called me a heathen for chopping up and grinding her new hardwood stock when I first started. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Shes 14 so I had to hack off 2 inches in the back so it would fit when I installed new pad and then whacked off another 2 inches from the front and ground off comb to install higher rubber one.

Just got through with stock including bedding job and took it in today, everyone thought it was a custom bedded synthetic stock until the butcher told them that it was wood and what had been done to it. As I used his mill to clean up bedding and a few other tools in the back to chop and grind. You could say he was very impressed to say the least.

Before I showed him mine, he showed me one he had done using the DAB method, you know - a DAB hear and a DAB there. It will work just not professional looking I think.

I forgot to get pics of pillars installed prior to bedding but I'm sure you get the pic. The white is the Marine Tex I used to bed, I thought it would make a statement and give that true custom look with the white bedding contrasting with the flat black barrel channel and mag area and the textured tactical black finish, rather than dye it black to match finish. which is most likely what I'll do with mine when I get it back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I got a few more things to do to it but will list more pics when done. oh buy the way the thing sticking out the back is a mercury recoil supp I am going to bed into place. Its one of those things I got to do yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

260023.jpg

260024.jpg

260025.jpg

260026.jpg

260027.jpg

260028.jpg

260017.jpg

260019.jpg

260020.jpg

260021.jpg

Thanks,
Ben

Looks very nice, most do not realize how bad things look while in the process of making them better. The final product is the important thing and your stock looks very nice and professional.

Good Work,

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.