Extractor question for Smiths

James Jones

Hey guys , I was looking at Badger Ordanance site and saw their m-16 style extractors and was wondering what the differance in quality was between the M-16 and ther sako style when instaled on a Rem 700 , caliber would be on the 30-06 case
I don't think that the m-16 can be used on the non mag cases but would still like to know the differance.

The M-16 style is a pinned in extractor. Rotates off a precisely fitted pin. Can not be blown out of the bolt in the case of a case head failure like the Sako can. Also there is alot more steel in the BO extractor.

The are listed for the magnum and super mag(Lapua) case sizes but I would imagine it the smaller could be fitted for an '06. The Sako extractor, at least the Tubbs kit is the same extractor for the '06 and belted magnum rounds.

A bit more machining for the Bad Ord extractor but the best out there I have fitted.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.