Finally made my 1st trip to the range with my brand new rifle. It is a Rem 700 5R Milspec chambered in 300 win mag. It is topped with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50. I set up a target at 50 yds. and fired the 1st round. 2" low and 1" to the right. Made scope adjustment and fired round #2. This time 4" low and 2" right. OOPS dialed everything backwards. Made adjustments again and fired round #3. Now we are getting somewhere. Just low and good left to right. Opened bolt and cartridge stayed behind. Closed bolt again and reopened still no cartridge. Tried one more time and nothing. Used my cleaning rod and pushed the spent cartridge out with minimal effort. So I removed the bolt and inspected it and the spent brass, everything looked OK so I chambered a fresh cartridge and attempted to extract with no luck. With the bolt open I raised the muzzle end and the live round dropped right out. I tried this again with the same result. Cased the rifle and headed home. So in summary 1st trip to the range with my new set up was 3 round through it and what appears to be an extractor failure. Ammunition used was brand new Federal Premium Safari with 180 gr. Nosler Partition bullets. We'll see what Remington has to say Monday Morning.