Question for 308 Nate

biggjake

Did you ever get your 338-300 RUM Imp. up and running?I'm interested in hearing what velocities you've reached with the 300SMK.Thanks

biggjake,
Ive got the 32" Broughton 5C fluted with my 8 X 5/16 flutes
just sittin' here itchin' to jump into the lathe. but these long skinny boxes keep coming in the mail and they seem to always get in before mine. I also have a Lawton 7500 receiver sitting here just itchin' to be wearing a barrel...but the McMillan A-4 won't be here until July...hopefully. that's the long answer. The shorter answer is no, but to be honest I don't expect to get much better performance than the edge and to most it will probably not be worth the extra, but I guess long rang hunting isn't always about practicallity. I will be sure to post to inform all who are interested in my findings on how she shoots. I hope to have her on some steel plates at 2200 yds. late summer early fall. If all goes well, I will do my best to make a long range harvest on a whitetail this winter....
308nate

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.